Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can only play tracks from lists, not in albums

Can only play tracks from lists, not in albums

Can only play tracks from my lists, when opening an album nothing happens when clicking on play buttons. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Microsoft Studio

Operating System

App on Windows 10

15 Replies

Hey @StereoidStellan,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Have you tried any troubleshooting? If not, we advise you to start with a clean reinstall of the app on your device. The steps for that are here. This way we can be sure, that you're running a fresh installation of the app. Also make sure to install the version from the Microsoft Store, if not already done so, or try the version from our site, if not tried already.

If the issue still persists afterwards, could you provide a short screen recording of the described issue, so we can get a clear understanding of what is going on on your end?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thanks for the response. I have already tried a reinstall from the Spotify website. The problem remained. But I found out a workaround: If I go to an album, click-mark all the tracks, and drag them to one of my playlists: then something happens that make the tracks in the album playable. Now, when I click on the play button for any track in the album, it plays as it should. Very strange. If it helps, I can provide a screen recording later (I guess you don't mean a screen shot, but a recording -- I have to find out how to make...). Best, Christer Berg

Hey @StereoidStellan,

Thanks for the reply.

This is an interesting observation, indeed. As you've mentioned, that you have a Premium account, the described experience is similar with a free account, but let's not stray from the point.

A screen recording would be very helpful, whenever you have the time. You can then either post it here or directly upload it to YouTube, whatever suits you.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hi Dian

In this short screen recording you can see how I first try and play tracks in an album without success (it doesn't show, but I do click on the play symbols). I then drag the tracks to a playlist, and immediately the last track I clicked starts to play. And I can also play the other tracks, just as it should work. Very obscure... https://youtu.be/iAeS4Fs0HtY

Ah! There was a .NET Framework update for Win10 waiting. After I updated, Spotify app works just fine.

Thank you for your attention concerning this.

Best

Christer

Hey @StereoidStellan,

Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know.

Fantastic news! Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again; we're always here to help. 

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Windows 8.1, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I can't play songs from albums, but I can play songs from playlists. I've already tried to reinstall spotify app.

Hi again,

Sorry to report that the problem i back... here is the video again: https://youtu.be/iAeS4Fs0HtY

I'm having the same issue. No fix after reinstalling either. Any song will play just fine from a playlist, but trying to play any song from an album on an artist's page does nothing. Pause/play button is grayed out, no song title or album artwork on the lower left. The only time I have gotten it to work is if I click into the album from the tile view (not the list view - won't work), "like" and then "unlike" the album, then it will play, SOMETIMES. Some albums will only play the first few songs then not progress after that, some play all the way through, some still won't play at all.

I had the same problem and the same workaround worked. I had the Spotify app from Windows Store, and I replaced it with the app from spotify.com. Now it works again. I have Windows 10.

Hi folks,

Thanks for flagging this with us.

@StereoidStellan, Could you try connecting to another network, like a mobile hotspot? Keep us posted if this makes a difference.

@ventolin80, Thanks for letting us know what worked for you.

For anyone else who is still having this issue, please let us know your current app version and your device OS version.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is a tough one... I switched to a mobile hotspot, and it worked! I then switched back to my fiber/wifi, and now it worked there too! I restarted the computer, and now it didn't work on any of the connections... absurd...

The problem is back again -- it seems to be related to my VPN (Mullvad).

When I disconnect and choose a different VPN node, I can play tracks freely again.

Windows 10 21H2, Spotify v. 1.1.87.612

Same as ventolin80. I'm using F-Secures VPN Freedome. I changed my Swedish node to a US node, and then I can play the tracks as it should work. And then I changed back to Swedish node. Now working. Please note that i didn't restart the Spotify app. Changing VPN-nodes was all I did.

Thank you  to the users who figured out it was the vpn. It was driving me crazy.

Suggested posts