Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Delete Songs from Playlist on Web Player

Can't Delete Songs from Playlist on Web Player

Ever since the new upgrade I've been unable to delete songs from my playlists when using the web player. I've tried in both Firefox and Chrome but the same thing happens, I click the three dots, the menu pops up, I click on "remove from this playlist" and nothing happens. It appears I'm not the only one with this issue but I can't seem to find any answers/solutions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

17 Replies

This needs to be re-implemented in the web version indeed. But I'm sure Spotify will limit web player functionality just so users install the desktop version. That's how it is unfortunately.

There's seems to be a bug, as some tracks do have the option to remove them, the other tracks will have the option to "save to your music" instead.

So to remove tracks click that option, it will add the track to the top of that list and then if I right click on the track I now get the "remove from your music" option.

I don't get this issue on playlists, Only on the songs section from "Your music" tab.

This still seems to be happening, but intermittently.  When I click "remove from playlist", it APPEARS that nothing has happened, but when I refresh the page, SOMETIMES the song is gone from the playlist.  It seems to be working a little less than 50% of the time.  This worked fine a month or two ago; the song would disappear from the list immediately, no fuss.  

Bugs in the web player don't inspire me to install the desktop app.  

Hello @tkelley,

Thanks for joining the Community.

We are aware of this issue. For the time being you would have to refresh the web-page in order to see the changes. Once you click on Remove from this Playlist the track is immediately removed from the playlist, but because of the nature of the web-based player, the page needs to be refreshed so it could be re-synchronized.

Hope this helps.

If you have any more questions - don't hesitate to reach out to us 🙂

Have an awesome day!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I've tried refreshing the page and I checked it on my phone... the songs I have deleted multiple times are still in the playlist. I would suggest you update your web browser. These kinds of issues make me want to purchase apple music instead. 

Hey there @jc12hola,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

Can you try opening the web player in another browser? It's also a good idea to update your current browser to make sure it is up-to-date. 

If that doesn't help, you can open an incognito window and try deleting the songs again.

Tip: In order to avoid other potential issues, you can clear the cache and cookies.

It the issue persists, can you log in on the app on your phone and let us know if you're able to remove the songs from there?

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, we are here for you.

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I cleared my cache and updated the computer, it still didn't fix the issue.
It let me delete one song then it stopped working again. It works fine on
my phone, the issue is with your web player.

Ask I said in my original post, simply refreshing the web page doesn't solve the problem.  After I remove a song from the playlist and refresh, the song usually still appears in the playlist.  It is only successfully removed less than 50% of the time.

I've reproduced this bug in Opera, Edge and Chrome.  I have to remove a song from the playlist 3-4 times before it goes away, even if I refresh the browser after each removal attempt.

Okay, now it's working great!  Song disappears from list immediately, no need to refresh.  Thank you!

This is still happening for me. I cleared my cache, refreshed, tried in Firefox and Chrome, etc etc. I cannot delete songs from my playlists

Hey folks!

Thanks for all the info on this, this sounds a bit odd and we haven't received many new reports on it.

This is why we'll need some more info to pinpoint where the issue lies here.

Can you give this a try using a different network, for example starting a hotspot on your phone and using that network?

We'll also ask you to log out > restart your device > log back in 2 times to make sure everything is synced up.

Keep us in the loop here.

ElenaModerator

I logged out, restarted, logged back in, tried to remove a song (technically a podcast episode, in case that matters), no change. Repeated the process, no change. This is on a desktop machine with a hardwired internet connection, so I cannot do the "connect to a different network" test.

However, I was able to remove a song from the android app, which then immediately synced with the website and did indeed remove it from the playlist. My phone is connected to the cellular network, not to wifi.

Unrelated, is there a way to display the new podcast episodes from all the podcasts I'm subscribed to? That seems like a rather basic functionality that I am surprised seems to be missing 

Thanks for getting back to us @bgaesop!

Could you confirm for us if you're able to delete songs when using the desktop app?

We'll also need to know your computer's model and OS version to be able to investigate further.

While we're on it we'd recommend that you check that Spotify is not being blocked by your firewall.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

ElenaModerator

The same thing has been happening to me for several months. I feel like it gets progressively worse. Usually refreshing works, but it rarely works anymore. I've tried logging out, using a different browser, and clearing the cache too, but the same problem is still there.

I have a Lenovo G50-70 and Windows 10 if that helps.

Hey @Istiophorus,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

The troubleshooting steps you've tried are very good. We'd like to add a few more.

Can you try with another network? It's also a good idea to also check if the browser is up-to-date. If the issue persists, we'd suggest you give these steps a go and clear the hosts files.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator

my bad.

Suggested posts