Can't Delete Songs from Playlist on Web Player

Highlighted

Can't Delete Songs from Playlist on Web Player

Regular

Ever since the new upgrade I've been unable to delete songs from my playlists when using the web player. I've tried in both Firefox and Chrome but the same thing happens, I click the three dots, the menu pops up, I click on "remove from this playlist" and nothing happens. It appears I'm not the only one with this issue but I can't seem to find any answers/solutions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

7 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Can't Delete Songs from Playlist on Web Player

This needs to be re-implemented in the web version indeed. But I'm sure Spotify will limit web player functionality just so users install the desktop version. That's how it is unfortunately.

Highlighted

There's seems to be a bug, as some tracks do have the option to remove them, the other tracks will have the option to "save to your music" instead.

So to remove tracks click that option, it will add the track to the top of that list and then if I right click on the track I now get the "remove from your music" option.

I don't get this issue on playlists, Only on the songs section from "Your music" tab.

Highlighted

Visitor

This still seems to be happening, but intermittently.  When I click "remove from playlist", it APPEARS that nothing has happened, but when I refresh the page, SOMETIMES the song is gone from the playlist.  It seems to be working a little less than 50% of the time.  This worked fine a month or two ago; the song would disappear from the list immediately, no fuss.  

Bugs in the web player don't inspire me to install the desktop app.  

Highlighted

Hello @tkelley,

Thanks for joining the Community.

We are aware of this issue. For the time being you would have to refresh the web-page in order to see the changes. Once you click on Remove from this Playlist the track is immediately removed from the playlist, but because of the nature of the web-based player, the page needs to be refreshed so it could be re-synchronized.

Hope this helps.

If you have any more questions - don't hesitate to reach out to us 🙂

Have an awesome day!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I've tried refreshing the page and I checked it on my phone... the songs I have deleted multiple times are still in the playlist. I would suggest you update your web browser. These kinds of issues make me want to purchase apple music instead. 

Highlighted

Hey there @jc12hola,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

Can you try opening the web player in another browser? It's also a good idea to update your current browser to make sure it is up-to-date. 

If that doesn't help, you can open an incognito window and try deleting the songs again.

Tip: In order to avoid other potential issues, you can clear the cache and cookies.

It the issue persists, can you log in on the app on your phone and let us know if you're able to remove the songs from there?

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, we are here for you.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
I cleared my cache and updated the computer, it still didn't fix the issue.
It let me delete one song then it stopped working again. It works fine on
my phone, the issue is with your web player.
SUGGESTED POSTS