Unlimited

Country

USA

Device

Desktop computer, 64-bit

Operating System

Windows 8.1

My Question or Issue

I cannot drag songs into or within a playlist; I can only add songs by clicking on the three dots or right-clicking and choosing "add to playlist". Attempting to drag a track either scrolls within the playlist or makes my cursor disappear.

Likewise, I cannot move playlists in the sidebar; similarly, attempting to drag just scrolls within the sidebar.

Additionally, single-clicking on a track acts like a double-click and plays the track.

What I have tried (based on suggestions from previous similar posts):

- Reinstall spotify

- Uninstall and reinstall spotify

- Restart computer (multiple times)

- Turn playlists from private to public (and back)

- Clicking on the far left side of a track to drag it

(And yes, the issue is not due to sorting.)

I also attempted to downgrade to the previous version because it was working fine in December (can't remember which update messed it up but it's been at least a couple weeks, I was hoping it would resolve itself with the next update), but it auto-updated to the current version and I can't figure out how to turn off auto-updates (sounds like it is not possible).

[Also, I use a wacom tablet as my pointing device. It is functioning properly in all other programs. I reinstalled the driver just in case but it did not fix the issue in Spotify so I do not believe it is the problem.]

Thanks for any other suggestions! I make a playlist for my sister's birthday each year and won't be able to if I don't get this fixed soon 😞

4 Replies

Hey there @traseru,

thanks for posting in the community !

I'm adding this briliant help article by @Marco, which addresses the issue in question.

Hope this works out.

Let me know if you need further help 😃

Thank you, but this is not the issue. I am working with my own playlist(s) that I created and do not have sorting on for any column. I am unable to move tracks into or within any of my playlists or queue. I think that my issue is a bug / technical problem.

Hey there @traseru,

thanks for the quick response!

You can always reach out to support through this form to have them check it out for you.

Let me know how you did 😃

Dear Spotify

I have this issue as well. Please can you restore this functionality.

Alistair

Suggested posts