Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

Can't drag tracks into or within a playlist

Can't drag tracks into or within a playlist

Casual Listener

Plan

Unlimited

Country

USA

Device

Desktop computer, 64-bit

Operating System

Windows 8.1

My Question or Issue

I cannot drag songs into or within a playlist; I can only add songs by clicking on the three dots or right-clicking and choosing "add to playlist". Attempting to drag a track either scrolls within the playlist or makes my cursor disappear.

Likewise, I cannot move playlists in the sidebar; similarly, attempting to drag just scrolls within the sidebar.

Additionally, single-clicking on a track acts like a double-click and plays the track.

What I have tried (based on suggestions from previous similar posts):

- Reinstall spotify

- Uninstall and reinstall spotify

- Restart computer (multiple times)

- Turn playlists from private to public (and back)

- Clicking on the far left side of a track to drag it

(And yes, the issue is not due to sorting.)

I also attempted to downgrade to the previous version because it was working fine in December (can't remember which update messed it up but it's been at least a couple weeks, I was hoping it would resolve itself with the next update), but it auto-updated to the current version and I can't figure out how to turn off auto-updates (sounds like it is not possible).

[Also, I use a wacom tablet as my pointing device. It is functioning properly in all other programs. I reinstalled the driver just in case but it did not fix the issue in Spotify so I do not believe it is the problem.]

Thanks for any other suggestions! I make a playlist for my sister's birthday each year and won't be able to if I don't get this fixed soon 😞

4 Replies

Re: Can't drag tracks into or within a playlist

Rock Star 18
Rock Star 18

Hey there @traseru,

thanks for posting in the community !

I'm adding this briliant help article by @Marco, which addresses the issue in question.

Hope this works out.

Let me know if you need further help 😃

OneByBooRock Star 18
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Casual Listener

Thank you, but this is not the issue. I am working with my own playlist(s) that I created and do not have sorting on for any column. I am unable to move tracks into or within any of my playlists or queue. I think that my issue is a bug / technical problem.

Rock Star 18
Rock Star 18

Hey there @traseru,

thanks for the quick response!

You can always reach out to support through this form to have them check it out for you.

Let me know how you did 😃

OneByBooRock Star 18
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Casual Listener

Dear Spotify

I have this issue as well. Please can you restore this functionality.

Alistair

SUGGESTED POSTS