Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't reinstall spotify

Solved!

Can't reinstall spotify

Hi guys,

I have a problem since this morning, spotify doens't open with the windows application. When i try to start it, just nothing happends.

So i wanted to reinstall the software but i can't even uninstall it. Nothing happend again.  It is really annoying.

Thanks for your help

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I've found the solution to my problem.

I had just to resinstall spotify while beeing on the safe mode of windows ( i don't know if it is the right name in english ).

It finally worked for me, thanks.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Glad that you found the solution!

Mark your answer as a solution then 🙂

Yes, that's the correct term for it, Safe Mode 😉

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hi there, welcome to the Spotify Community! Let's try to troubleshoot this issue with you.

First of all, please try a clean reinstallation. This can resolve many common issues.

I would recommend using IObit Uninstaller if you are having a hard time uninstalling it.

If you're still having trouble after a reinstall, please let us know the following details:
1. Exact Device
2. Exact operating system
3. Spotify app version installed
4. Are you receiving any Error messages at all?

If the app is not responding please follow these steps:
1. Start "Task Manager" by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete (Ctrtl+Shift+Esc for Windows). "Task Manager" should pop up or you will be prompted to select it
2. In "Task Manager" select the processes tab and scroll down until you reach processes involved with Spotify. For example, spotify.exe.
3. Select and end each process by clicking on the process and then clicking the end process button near the bottom right corner of "Task Manager"
4. Once these processes disappear from the list reopen the Spotify app.

Thanks!

Hi again,

After a clean installation, still the same.

I have no error message but in the task manager we can see that spotify stays very low.
The application is the latest of your website.

Thanks

Capture.JPG
Device.JPG

Hey @EkChuah,

Thank you for the provided information.

What do you see when you try to open Spotify? A blank screen or a transparent window? 

Please read some of these threads and tell me which one is your case: 1, 2 & 3.

Before any of them could you please try to disable Hardware Acceleration? 

You can find it in the Menu Bar, View tab. To access the Menu Bar if you aren't seeing it just press ALT on your keyboard.

Thanks!

I don't find that hardware acceleration.

For the launch, it not one of these solutions. When i try to launch it, the little blue circle appears for 0.5s and disappear. And nothing happends, nothing is opened.

Thanks

I am sorry to not being able to help!

Please as a last effort before I escalate this look at these threads as this problem has been solved once for several users and come back here with the results: 1, 2 & 3.

Please don't forget to attach the following information next time:
1. Exact operating system (which version of Windows 10, you can find it by pressing Windows button and R at the same time and enter winver in the search box, after that hit enter and a window with the information for the version of Windows should appear)
2. Spotify app version installed

Thanks!

Marked as solution

I've found the solution to my problem.

I had just to resinstall spotify while beeing on the safe mode of windows ( i don't know if it is the right name in english ).

It finally worked for me, thanks.

Marked as solution

Glad that you found the solution!

Mark your answer as a solution then 🙂

Yes, that's the correct term for it, Safe Mode 😉

Suggested posts