Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't revert to old version

Can't revert to old version

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Desktop

Operating System

windows 10

My Question or Issue

I was unpleasantly surprised by the update this morning. I have tried everything to try to go back to an older version, but nothing has worked. There is no "Update" folder anymore, so I cannot stop the auto update. Are there any lesser-known tricks that can fix this for me?

6 Replies

This should work, just installed it myself and it plays as it should. https://filehippo.com/download_spotify/1.1.37.690/

Why on earth would you not expand the albums on an artist's page anymore?? You can't view all their songs from one page, it makes it so much harder to just LISTEN to music. That's the most awful feature ever, and the hitboxes for playing songs are so much smaller, sorry I'm not a military sniper with my mouse. Jesus, Spotify stop hiring braindead UI developers and DO NOT PULL AN INSTAGRAM with your app.

It didnt work. Yeah this new update is horrendous, they need to fix it asap

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts and feedback in this thread.

We only support official versions, but if you think that availability will appeal to other users you can always create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. 

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and weโ€™re constantly aiming to improve our features. Weโ€™re sorry that this means youโ€™re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music ๐Ÿ™‚

Update: I just logged on today and everything is fixed! The old look is back. I'm hoping it stays. Thanks spotify!

Again...Logged on today and the new version showed up. Make up your mind, Spotify. This new layout is awful! At least give us the choice to use the old one instead of forcing this on us.

Just updated today and the desktop version (v1.2.10.760) no longer allows me to sort the side playlist.  The side "Your Library" icon used to have this "+" next to it to allow me to expand and select the sorting order... it is no longer there.  What's going on?  You are taking away functions. Now I am stuck with whatever order I had (which is ordered by date added) with no way to change it.  Please Spotify, give us a way to revert back.

Suggested posts