Free

Country

Italy

Device

Surface Book 2

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Since a few days ago I haven't been able to access my liked songs from my pc. If I open the liked songs tab it says "your liked songs will appear here" an then there is a button "go to browse". The songs are still there since if I double click the tab it starts playing them, but I can't see them. Also, on my phone I have no problem accessing them. I tried liking new songs and they got added but the "go to browse" page still covers my songs.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @SpawnaMATO

If you're experiencing this, make sure to leave your +VOTE and post a comment with the details form Status Update in this Ongoing Issue

It'll help the right team to investigate the issue and provide with a fix.

All the updates will be posted there as well, so make sure to subscribe to the Ongoing Issue thread to be notified.

Enjoy your day! 

View solution in original post

85 Replies

Hi @JeJix

Since you're able to access your Liked Songs on your mobile device, I'd recommend clean reinstall of your Spotify app on desktop. It's different than regular reinstallation.
Just follow the steps provided in this Spotify article

I'm having this problem too. I have reinstalled the desktop app multiple times. Please post a fix, this is stupid frustrating.

Hello @bogpussy

Please, make sure you're using the right account

Also, just to double-check, have you tried clean reinstall? It's actually different that normal reinstall, as it will reinstall all the drivers. 

I'd also recommend to log in to a different desktop device, to check if the same issue occurs. 

Let me know how it goes! 

That didn’t work either 😕 so frustrating not being able to see my liked songs at all on desktop.

Thanks for giving it a try!

Can you log in using your Facebook and then again using your email address?

I's possible that there are some misalignments related to this. 

Keep me posted! 

Windows 10

Spotify version: 1.1.31.703.g256add22

Premium account

I have just discovered today that my 'Liked Songs' have dissappeared as per JeJix'x original post.

Very frustrating, how could this have happened?

Has there been a change in the latest version that has caused this?

Why is the Windows version not consistent with my Iphone version?

Hi, I have an Acer Spin with Windows 10 and I'm experiencing this for the first time.

I hear Spotify music frequently both in my Laptop and cellphone, but I usually don't hear it in Shuffle mode.

I don't know if they're related, but this only happened on my Laptop after I selected Shuffle mode while my cellphone (Xiaomi) was connected to my car (Peugeot), which happened yesterday or 2 days ago.

When I was going to listen my liked song list, I wasn't able to see or select any, although it suposedly enters the liked song list.

The only way I was able to listen to the liked song list through my Laptop, was selecting it and start any song on my cellphone, then, in the Laptop app I've selected the Desktop as the chosen listening platform, in the litlle icon of "Devices available" in the right bottom corner of the Desktop app.

It's not a solution to the app issue, but if you want to listen to your songs in your Laptop, it's a way around it.

Either way, I too, will be waiting for a definitive resolution, because, what i just described above, it's not practical at all.

Hello @jpmighty

If your Liked Songs are not displaying correctly, it’s possible you’ve logged into the wrong account on one of your devices. 

Try logging out and back in with any other email addresses you have. If you’re unable to log in to another account, check out problems logging in.

If your account is connected to Facebook, choose LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK to log in as well as trying to log in with your email address.

It's also worth trying to log in to a different desktop device, to check if the same issue occurs. 

If that doesn't help, I'd recommend performing clean reinstall of your Spotify app. It's different than regular reinstallation.
Just find your device in this article and follow the steps provided there.

I hope it helps!

This is driving me crazy! Like above, we can not see our Liked Songs the way we use to. You would hit Liked Songs and the complete list was shown. Like mentioned above, now it takes you to a pages that says 'Your browsed songs will appear here' with a tab saying 'Go To Browse'

You can hit the Queue button (bottom right of page) and it gives you your liked songs in a shuffle state but as mentioned above, not in a complete list of all your songs that are on your liked list.

No fix above works, it's nothing to do with sign in on facebook, reinstalling or different accounts and it seems to only to be doing it on anything that's not Apple.

Can we please get a fix?

It's so frustrating!

Hello everyone!

If you're experiencing this, please try if you haven't already: 

• Try both the stand-alone and the Microsoft Store app to see if there are any differences or improvements with either one. 

I'd also like to ask everyone to confirm the exact Spotify version you're on. 

Thanks for your cooperation! 

Hi Emilia_8

Logged in to my desktop via phone hotspot but this made no difference.

Try both the stand-alone and the Microsoft Store app to see if there are any differences or improvements with either one.

Are these not one and the same?

Spotify version:  1.1.33.569.gced9e0f5

I'm on 1.1.33.569.gced9e0f5 as well.

Also, before, you would have the total of songs sitting next to your Liked Songs but that's not there either.

I have the free version.

I have done a clean re-installation (as per instructions)

I have logged out and in.

I have logged in using Facebook.

I have tried using Googles stores version and Spotifys website version.

It works on my web-player and phone.

The PC program just doesn't work.

Hello @Anton19

Thanks for replying in this thread! 

Please take a look at this Ongoing Issue

If that's something you're experiencing, make sure to add your +VOTE and provide there all the information needed form Status Update.

You can also subscribe to that threads via the three dot menu, so you'll be notified with all the future updates. 

Have a nice day! 

I have the same problem as you
Marked as solution

Hi @SpawnaMATO

If you're experiencing this, make sure to leave your +VOTE and post a comment with the details form Status Update in this Ongoing Issue

It'll help the right team to investigate the issue and provide with a fix.

All the updates will be posted there as well, so make sure to subscribe to the Ongoing Issue thread to be notified.

Enjoy your day! 

The strange thing is that in the browser, the online library works.

Yes, @SpawnaMATO

The issue appears only in the desktop app. 

The web player and mobile app work correctly and it's possible to view liked songs there. 

Also found that it worked in the web player.

I tried a reinstall and that has now fixed the issue and I can now see my Liked Songs  on my PC app!

Doh, should have tried this before now!

Now, if only the 'Hide Song' would work in the Desktop app.

Suggested posts