Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't see playlist followers in new Spotify version

Can't see playlist followers in new Spotify version

In the new version of Spotify, playlists list the number of followers each playlist has, but not who is following it. In the previous version there were thumbnails of three followers, but there was no way to see more (very annoying). Now it seems that you can't see the identities of anyone following your playlists. Am I missing something here?

106 Replies

Not sure why I'm even adding to this, because Spotify clearly gives 0 **bleep**s about what we say here, but this really should be added back.

It was ridiculous to have removed it in the first place...

If you found my information useful, please "Like" it. Thanks!

Apple just announced earlier this morning the addition of this feature on their iTunes Music app. I'm sure Spotify will be scrambling to un**bleep** this now. Years late, but whatever.

Interesting development but no surprise someone has moved to the space Spotify has vacated. Clearly based on this thread it is something that people would like to see but I guess it doesn't increase subscriber numbers and with an IPO coming up that's the only number shareholders will look at.

I'll be monitoring the Apple development closely, the above mentioned IPO is usually a sign of imminent price rises (about 6 months after) so sadly I may end up jumping ship unless the service goes back to innovation.

Would love to see this back. Feels like such a glaring omission, no idea why it was removed.

I have also recently created a playlist, and I now have a few followers. I was really hoping I could see if we had common interests in music, however it's a real shame how I cannot! Spotify, add this feature back! There is an innumerable amount of comments and threads regarding this, don't ignore it! And also follow my playlist "The New Jazz!"

@ a-mah

Can't find your playlist; you sure you've made it public? I would ask you to send it to me but that feature's been removed.

Hey,
Here you are friend,
https://open.spotify.com/user/a-mah/playlist/7eurc2sldM3gGnfZpru6vK

Recently I've been listening to hip-hop beats, where artists take cuts from jazz recordings, and loop it. The result is often amazing!
I also do listen to jazz, I'm a love works by Dave Brubeck, Miles Davis, Charlie Parker, Chet Baker, Benny Goodman, etc.

I agree this feature is sorely missed, as is Spotify Inbox and the ability to directly send music to other Spotify users.  These were huge differentiators that led me to sing Spotify's praises loudly to anyone who would listen, and never question my loyalty to this music service vs. other competitors.  Unfortunately it seems like several groundbreaking features have been taken away, with no new innovation to replace them.

I agree and cannot understand why they removed it, except hiding under some bs statement like "nobody ever used the feature and it was costly to maintain".... Bring it back Spotify.

Wow. Really? This is still an issue? C'mon Spotify.

The best I could figure out was to use the iOS mobile app. Open the playlist, pulldown so you can see the playlist icon. Right under the name of the playlist you will see the numbers of followers you have for that playlist. Unfortunately there's no way to see much less manage the followers. All you get is the number. 

Please don't let any of Spotify's user-hating product managers know this or they'll remove this from the iOS app too. 😕

We beg u, I'd like to see who is following my playlists ),:

Or just remove the nr of followers, as it's clearly of no interest who is following your list. 

I recently discovered that I had two people following my Kpop Playlist and found this thread while trying to find out how to see who they were. Even if all I could do is see the other person's playlists and choose to follow their lists in return, that would at least be something beneficial. If they are going to gut the experience to nothing more than a corporate feeding tool, then just say so, so I can go find another source of music. Anybody can supply music to listen to. It's what 'ELSE' a company offers that makes them the listener's choice.

Agree totally. I’ve recently gotten into Rune. They’re all about high fidelity audio, but unfortunately they don’t have a mobile experience.

So bored with all these "social" apps that continually become less social as they develop, gearing our attention towards what they want us to look at.   This helps: https://open.spotify.com/track/6bbQuT0lK4ekunMnK446Bt

@PW - lol. I'm bored of Sweden. I know an interesting French geezer though!

What is the point of having followers if you can't engage with them??

I can't speak for anybody else, but I do believe it is important to curators to see the number of followers as well as who are following them. It can give you an idea on what audience is listening to your playlist and the number gives listeners a way to "verify" the playlist (Listeners feel more comfortable following a playlist with 1,000s rather than 5 followers).

Anybody who loves rap/trap/hip-hop or would like to featured check out my playlist: https://open.spotify.com/user/gf2m5cao9u3873o8d7byur1m4/playlist/7HThZbiCYrPo06T8Eic2X0

Suggested posts