Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't select an image for playlist editing

Can't select an image for playlist editing

I've created a playlist with metal music and I wanted to edit its cover, so I downloaded the Anthrax logo but somehow the image is being rejected, it just doesn't appear in its folder when I open it with Spotify. I thought about explicit content or violation of copyright, but Idk. Anyway, this is the file

Anthrax.png
1 Reply

Hey @user-removed,

I see what the issue is: The images must be in JPG format, but yours is in the PNG format.

Also, i'd like to let you know that you are not allowed to upload any images that violate any copyright, trademark, or personal image rights, which are as follows:

• CopyrightIn most countries, copyright laws exist to protect people's original works and creations (book, music, art etc.).  Copyright generally does not protect ideas or facts, but in some cases it protects original words or images used to express an idea. To find out more detailed information about country specific copyright laws, please visit the WIPO’s Global Directory.   

• TrademarkTrademark is a word, slogan, symbol, or design (logo, brand/company name) that distinguishes the products/services offered by one entity from those of another. Generally, the purpose of trademark laws are to ensure consumers aren't confused about who exactly is providing the service.  

• Personal Image - Personality rights, or right of publicity, protect an individual from unauthorised public or commercial use of their name, image, personality or likeness. Basically, do not post an image of an individual without their consent.  

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts