Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot change my profile picture

Solved!

Cannot change my profile picture

I would like to change my profile picture but I only see Avatars. Is there a way that I can upload a profile picture from my computer?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @MirandaMeade

At the moment, I believe the only way to change it is through the Desktop app.

For further information, feel free to visit this page.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

162 Replies

Apparently you can only do so if your spotify is linked to your facebook profile.

Hi, to use a picture from your computer as an avatar:

1. Go to your profile page
  2. Scroll down to the box on the right hand side that says my images. Click the "upload an image" button.
  3. Upload the picture that you want to use as an avatar
  4. Go to "my settings" and click on avatars
  5. Click on "from uploaded images"

The picture that you want to use as an avatar should be in there. Hope this helps!

EDIT- This is how to change the avatar for the forums

Thank you so much. I was able to change my profile picture.

So if i not have facebook i cant upload pictures in forum albums??? 

If i try to upload a picture i can choose a local .jpg and upload, i see the progress bar and then it say select album and i have no albums to choose/not being able to create one  to put them in.

Offcourse i would like to use one as my avatar.

what to or not to do?

FB is no option! i simply hate it.

You can't have a profile picture in the Spotify clients without connecting to Facebook I'm afraid.

You also need a particular rank on the community to change your avatar here, see this post for details:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Community-Ranks-How-do-they-work/m-p/1969...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

ugh... thats a bit annoying.

@Peter wrote:
You can't have a profile picture in the Spotify clients without connecting to Facebook I'm afraid.

You also need a particular rank on the community to change your avatar here, see this post for details:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Community-Ranks-How-do-they-work/m-p/1969...

I just tried, seems to be the only way to get a profile picture 😕

HEY SPOTIFY-

Quick note, not everyone has Facebook. But we still have FACES, you know, in real life? Can you please make it so we get a chance to have a profile picture as well? This is either a really dense oversight or an intentional way of alienating users- either way, you guys are blowing it.

No where on my page does it say ""upload image" 😕

you have to be a certain rank to change it

This is incredibly frustrating.

That's happening to me too, I have no idea where they're talking about with the "change picture" button..

A major downside of spotify, many users feel like they're losing their sense of individuality. I really miss the good old days of Last.FM..

having a profile pic is a basic thing for any social service...

I cant seem to figure out how to find the box that says "Images". Is it in the computer website?

Hi, I've signed in on my computer, but I can see nothing that you described, all I can see is Account over view and such, no way to edit or upload images to my avatar. Assistance would be great.

Thanks,

John

darn right!

i even have to e-mail them just get my user name back after i accidentally connected to facebook

Not working for me... i do the upload image but when i go to avatar to change it there is no choose from upload option only option there is choose avatar from community no matter how many times i upload the pic i cant find a way to choose it.

is still can not change it i dont have the box

This didnt work for me!

Contact me via skype!

CrakesologyMD ZSC

Suggested posts