Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot download Spotify onto my computer

Solved!

Cannot download Spotify onto my computer

I recently had Spotify downloaded onto my computer but for the past few days when I tried to open it, it would say that it was not working and would not open. I deleted it from the computer and now I am trying to redownload it but it is telling me that Spotify is already running, but not responding. Please close it and try again. I don't understand how it can still be running if I deleted it from my computer.

It is also giving me this message... The installer is unable to install Spotify because the files to be written are in use by another process. Please make sure Spotify is not running and retry.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey Mimi,

This is frustrating for you but I have a couple of things for you to try to and resolve the issue 🙂

1. Have you restarted your PC and tried again?

If you have, it may be auto-opening. You can force it to close before uninstalling. Do this.

1. On your keyboard press together [CTRL]+[ALT]+[DELETE].

2. Click on "Task Manager".

3. If Spotify is open you will see it in the list

Capture.JPG

Click it, then click "End task" (as above).

You can now uninstall Spotify and reinstall. And here's a link for you to help 🙂

Let me know how it goes!

Jon

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey Mimi,

This is frustrating for you but I have a couple of things for you to try to and resolve the issue 🙂

1. Have you restarted your PC and tried again?

If you have, it may be auto-opening. You can force it to close before uninstalling. Do this.

1. On your keyboard press together [CTRL]+[ALT]+[DELETE].

2. Click on "Task Manager".

3. If Spotify is open you will see it in the list

Capture.JPG

Click it, then click "End task" (as above).

You can now uninstall Spotify and reinstall. And here's a link for you to help 🙂

Let me know how it goes!

Jon

Thank you for your help! Restarting the computer is what worked for me. 🙂

Suggested posts