Premium

Country

Ireland

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have recently moved to a new account, and it appears there is a difference in UI whenever I switch accounts. Under the new UI I cannot access my local files and add them to playlists under the process at https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/features/listen-to-local-files/ 

Could you please advise on how I can either access this Premium feature on the new UI or revert to the old UI so I can access my local music via Spotify? 

3 Replies

The feature I think will be removed. Not many people use it. Lately for old account users with the old interface it's been acting like malware and my antivirus keeps trying to block it and I try to turn it off and it still tries to touch the folder. So I think it's a feature that will soon be removed by spotify. Best to use the built in Groove Music player for local music from here on out.

these are feature I think they are changing and it affect normal old accounts too:

1. Profile photos uploads dont work (have to use Iphone app)
  2. Playlist photos uploads don't work (have to use Iphone app)
  3. Album sort feature doesn't works and uses high cpu (only works on iphone app)
  4. Local files keep scanning even when feature get disabled. I know this is happening because they show up in search results and also windows controlled folder protect aka ransomware protector see's spotify trying to touch my music folder all the time. Creepy.

That's frustrating to hear, mixing local files into my spotify playlists was very helpful at times! Appreciate your help though. I just switched a new premium account and got moved to the new interface, I'm in shock at how many basic features seem to have disappeared! 

Hey @Frumpsicle,

We appreciate your feedback on this.

If you're unhappy with the changes, make sure to add your vote to this relevant idea.

You can find out more about how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange here.

Let us know if there's anything else 🙂

Suggested posts