Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing playlist picture?

Solved!

Changing playlist picture?

Is there a way to change the cover of a playlist on desktop? I've looked it up, and everybody is saying that you need to click on the cover picture, but nothing happens when I left-click, and right-clicking only brings up radio, making the playlist secret, and stuff like that. It doesn't seem to work on mobile, either.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

It's now possible to change the playlist cover image using mobile devices, tablets or the desktop app. 

You can take a look at this article to find out how to do it. Always make sure that your picture doesn’t violate any copyright, trademark, or personal image rights.

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

19 Replies

Hey hammyblast, welcome to the Community!

Are you sure you're not trying to edit a playlist that isn't owned by you? Only your playlists or collaborative playlists are editable. If you're still having the same issue on your playlists, try right clicking on the playlist image and clicking "Edit Details".

If that still doesn't work, would you mind attaching a screenshot of the problem in your next post?

Hope this helps!

Learn how to personalize your playlist cover here. 🙂

gryffyn

Was my response helpful?
Please like it and accept it as a solution 🙂

edit.jpg

Thanks for the reply! The playlist is my own, and just to be fully sure, I just created a new playlist to double check. There's no "Edit Details" option. I've included a picture of what shows up when I right click on the cover, as nothing happens when I left click.

cant change cover.png

Hammyblast,

Thanks for the quick response!

The webplayer currently does not support changing the picture of a playlist, unfortunately. The Spotify Desktop app does, however, and you can download it here.

Hope this helps!

gryffyn

Was my response helpful?
Please like it and accept it as a solution 🙂

I am using the Desktop APP, and I can't change the pic, either! SOOOOOO Annoying!

Hey @VaughanB

That's strange!

If you're using the desktop Spotify (that you've downloaded), you should be able to edit the playlists you created.

Open one of your playlists. Place your cursor on the playlist cover and a pencil shape should appear on the image. Click on it.

A smaller window appears for editing playlist details (image, name, description).
You can also reach this window by clicking the button with three dots next to Play, and selecting 'Edit Details',

Right-clicking on a playlist in the playlist menu (left bar) lets you also select 'Edit Details'.

Note: The picture must be .jpeg and should not exceed 4MB in size.

If you can't do that, then I suggest reinstalling Spotify. Sometimes programs need refreshing. 🙂

Try this:

1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.

2. Go to %AppData% in the file explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming.

3. Restart your computer.

4. Now you can reinstall Spotify.

Let me know what happens! 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I think you either have to be part of the rockstar program or it is unavailible at this time to do that

@hammyblast wrote:

Is there a way to change the cover of a playlist on desktop? I've looked it up, and everybody is saying that you need to click on the cover picture, but nothing happens when I left-click, and right-clicking only brings up radio, making the playlist secret, and stuff like that. It doesn't seem to work on mobile, either.

Hi,

I'm pretty sure you can't actually change the profile picture on the windows desktop app 😕 however as you can see from the above screenshot it is easy to do so on the mac app; I have both and predominantly use the mac app and I don't recall seeing the edit details button on windows. Sorry about that, they really should add that feature!

I'm not part of the Rockstar Program but I still have the ability to edit my playlists' picture. I'm using the Spotify app by the way.

Is this on mac?

Changing the playlist picture definitely isn't a rockstar program benefit, anyone can do it but I believe it is currently only possible to do so on the mac app.

I'm on Windows 😛 Hence why I posted in the "Desktop Windows" section.

no clue if you got a reply but just download spotify on pc and you can then change your playlist images on the desktop app NOT THE web player

was in same postiion as you lol

Hi , no clue if you got a reply but just download spotify on pc and you can then change your playlist images on the desktop app NOT THE web player

was in same postiion as you lol

Could someone please help!!

I have Spotify downloaded on my Surface Pro with premium and it's so hard to find pictures that actually fit into the playlist picture. It always says the picture is to small it must be bigger than 300 x 300 but I don't know how to get pictures with those dimensions.

Capture.PNG

Google those images and specify a size.

I can‘t change it either. How does it work with phone?

fairly sure you can't change it on phone.

You can't change playlist pictures on most generic phones (e.g. iPhone, Androids, Samsungs et cetera). PC/Laptops only.

If you have HD images that are smaller than 300 x 300, you can use a "resizing" program on the internet. Just search up "Image resizer" on Google (or what ever search engine you use) and resize it! If the dimensions were previously equal e.g. 50 x 50, then it is best to change it to 300 x 300 because it's a square. Or keep it in an exact ratio.
tl:dr

1. Search "Image Resizer".

2. Resize image greater or equal to 300 x 300.

3. Save image.

4. Click on the Spotify program (not the web browser program).

5. Right-click on the playlist that you want to change the picture of.

6. Select your resized picture.

Done!

Marked as solution

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

It's now possible to change the playlist cover image using mobile devices, tablets or the desktop app. 

You can take a look at this article to find out how to do it. Always make sure that your picture doesn’t violate any copyright, trademark, or personal image rights.

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts