Premium

Country

USA

Device

Chromebook

Operating System

Chrome OS

My Question or Issue

Every time I launch the app on Chromebook, it seems fine for about 2-3 minutes. Then it stops for a few seconds, and continues. Once it stops the first time, it continues to do so for the rest of the song, and henceforth. Only restarting the app will make it stop (if only for a short period of time). I've tried everything I can think of: I've unlinked my accounts and re-linked them, I've un-installed the app and re-installed, I've restarted my Chromebook numerous times, I have cleared cache and cookies, I have disabled Hardware Acceleration, and I have disconnected my internet and re-connected it. I cannot think of anything else. Something worthy of note is I cast it to my roku- it worked there fine. It seems to be a very device-central issue. I just need to know if this an issue that there is a remedy for or if I just will not be able to use spotify on Chromebook anymore.

1 Reply

Hi there @Lateral_metal

Thanks for reaching out about this and letting us know what you've tried. 

We'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app, as this is different than simply reinstalling and can be helpful for clearing any cache that might be causing issues. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you ask a friend or a family member to log into their personal account using your device? Let us know if they can replicate this. 

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts