Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Spotify skipps every Song

Ive got the same problem that got fixed for other people just by turning off Hardware Accel or switching output devices but both of those things do not offer a permanent solution. When i turn off my current output and turn on another one and restart ...

• Casual Listener
  • Ive got the same problem that got fixed for other people just by turning off Hardware Accel or switching output devices but both of those things do not offer a permanent solution.   When i tur...
  • Slick6
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop][Podcasts] Date of Podcast - Spanish version

I can't see the full date of the podcast episode. The year cannot be distinguished. It happens to me on my Android device (Galaxy S9 +) and my Win 10 PC. Attached screenshot.

• Visitor
  • I can't see the full date of the podcast episode. The year cannot be distinguished. It happens to me on my Android device (Galaxy S9 +) and my Win 10 PC. Attached screenshot.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Podcasts
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify Premium can not see Chromecast Audio unit (Win 10)

I have just got the 30-days free Spotify Premium. I restarted Spotify, its now "premium"I can use me Chromecast Audio via Google Chrome whit no problem, but in Spotify the "device-symbole" in lower right corner is not activated, its dark. If I open s...

• Casual Listener
  • I have just got the 30-days free Spotify Premium. I restarted Spotify, its now "premium" I can use me Chromecast Audio via Google Chrome whit no problem, but in Spotify the "device-symbole" in lower...
  • axpress
  • Casual Listener
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution where is lyrics

PlanFreeCountryfranceDeviceasus x541uOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issueis there lyrics for songs in spotify?if yes how i can activate themif not could you add them plsss

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country france Device asus x541u Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue is there lyrics for songs in spotify?if yes how i can activate them if not could you add ...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Non-windows store version unavailable

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePCOperating System Windows 10 My Question or IssueAccording to the FAQ I need to uninstall the windows store version before I can install the .exe version. However, I can't find the app version available for download. The in...

• Plan Premium Country US Device PC Operating System  Windows 10   My Question or Issue According to the FAQ I need to uninstall the windows store version before I can install the ....
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Web Player Doesn't Open

PlanPremium CountryPortugal DeviceDELL Desktop / Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Operating SystemWindows 10 / Android 10 My Question or IssueI was listening to music on my DELL desktop using Google Chrome and suddenly it stopped. I tried refreshing the page,...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium   Country Portugal    Device DELL Desktop / Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro   Operating System Windows 10 / Android 10   My Question or Issue I was ...
  • music1213
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify doesn't work with Discord

PlanPremiumCountryIsraelDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSpotify simply doesn't work with Discord in any way, shape, or form. I've tried every fix I found online to no avail, both apps are connected and linked to one another how...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Israel Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Spotify simply doesn't work with Discord in any way, shape, or form. I've tried every fix I fou...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

LYRICS

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueGood day! I just realized that the lyrics are available on Spotify on my mobile. My question is about the lyrics from Spotify on the PC. Thanks in advance.

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Argentina Device PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Good day! I just realized that the lyrics are available on Spotify on my mobile. My question is abou...
  • Jollof
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

show album cover next to song on pc

on pc is there a way to show the album cover of a song in a playlist or liked songs next to the name of it similar to how it appears on mobile.i have premium if that matters.thank you

• Visitor
  • on pc is there a way to show the album cover of a song in a playlist or liked songs next to the name of it similar to how it appears on mobile. i have premium if that matters. thank you
  • Jollof
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify non riproduce più alcun brano

Come da titolo, Spotify non riproduce più alcun tipo di brano sul computer, sia in streaming sia locale. Ho già provato svariatissime volte a disinstallare l'app e a reinstallarla, ma la situazione rimane la stessa..L'errore che viene riportato è: Or...

• Visitor
  • Come da titolo, Spotify non riproduce più alcun tipo di brano sul computer, sia in streaming sia locale.  Ho già provato svariatissime volte a disinstallare l'app e a reinstallarla, ma la situa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Heaphones aren't connecting

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDell LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMy headphones are not connecting to my spotify desktop app but whenever I use Youtube or Netflix the headphones work. So I was wondering if there is any so...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Dell Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue My headphones are not connecting to my spotify desktop app but whenever I use Y...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My Spotify desktop application keeps going offline randomly

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice(Razer Blade 15)Operating System(Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI have this weird issue with the Desktop Spotify application. Every time I open the Spotify application, by-default it shows that the laptop isn't connec...

spotify issue.png
  • Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device (Razer Blade 15) Operating System (Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I have this weird issue with the Desktop Spotify application. Every time I op...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • dektop
    whileOnline
    windows10
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Spotify can't play this right now

PlanPremiumDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSpotify gives error message "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." no matter what song I try to play. Changing audio output ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Spotify gives error message "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you c...
  • blanc9
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

there is no "PITCH A SONG" button on the website

I can't add my own tracks because there is no "PITCH A SONG" buttonPlanFreeCountryRussiaDeviceXiaomiOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • I can't add my own tracks because there is no "PITCH A SONG" button Plan Free Country Russia Device Xiaomi Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop][Other] Spotify desktop app (Win 10) not responsive

Hello I've been using Spotify for about 5+ years and recently on my desktop and sometimes iPhone App it has been unresponsive. It will open and start playing music but won't let me skip the song or choose another song. And then halfway throughout the...

• Visitor
  • Hello I've been using Spotify for about 5+ years and recently on my desktop and sometimes iPhone App it has been unresponsive. It will open and start playing music but won't let me skip the song or c...
  • JadeRiver
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Shuffle keeps deactivating

PlanPremiumCountryDenmarkDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI'm often shifting between my own playlist or playlists made for me and I have noticed that it often deactivates the shuffle button. This has been an issue since I starte...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country Denmark Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I'm often shifting between my own playlist or playlists made for me and I have noticed...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with Chromecast (Not listed in device list + losing connection)

PlanPremiumCountry BrazilDevicePersonal ComputerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue When using Spotify App (obtained from windows store), I'm not able to stream it to my TV through chromecast as it does not appear in Devices List. But, if...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Brazil Device Personal Computer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  When using Spotify App (obtained from windows store), I'm not able t...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Add support for Google ChromeCast Audio?

I really can't believe I am still having to ask this question. The last 12 page thread on this full of people begging for a fix was marked as 'solved' (which it wasn't) and then locked for being old. Why is it I cannot cast audio from the Mac desktop...

• Casual Listener
  •   I really can't believe I am still having to ask this question. The last 12 page thread on this full of people begging for a fix was marked as 'solved' (which it wasn't) and then locked for be...
  • RibMan
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 7 likes

Starting Spotify Connect on Windows Desktop App

Hi, I read in this forum that Spotify Connect has been implemented to the Windows Desktop App.But how to START Spotify Connect via my Windows 10 Computer? The "Other Devices" menue is not active.Spotify Connect activation only works via Android Smart...

• Roadie
  • Hi,   I read in this forum that Spotify Connect has been implemented to the Windows Desktop App. But how to START Spotify Connect via my Windows 10 Computer? The "Other Devices" menue is not ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify onnect
    Windows Dwsktop App
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

List of available devices incomplete

When I want to stream from my desktop app to other devices in my network, it shows nor my chromecast audio, nor my google home, UNLESS they are actively used at that moment. It seems this flaw is specific for the spotify desktop application because m...

• When I want to stream from my desktop app to other devices in my network, it shows nor my chromecast audio, nor my google home, UNLESS they are actively used at that moment.   It seems this fl...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes