Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Album art, Artist and Track all out of sync/frozen

Brief description of the issue:The album art, artist and track title seem to freeze at random occasions after an ad has played. Post advert, the song slider remains stuck at 30 seconds and is unusable. See attached image. Steps to reproduce the issue...

• Casual Listener
  • Brief description of the issue: The album art, artist and track title seem to freeze at random occasions after an ad has played. Post advert, the song slider remains stuck at 30 seconds and is unusa...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

App auto-downloading all music on device

PlanPremiumCountry Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi there - when I log in to the Spotify app on Windows it's auto downloading ALL the music on my laptop - about 150GB - which will take 13 hours and makes the app unusable. How do I ge...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi there  - when I log in to the Spotify app on Windows it's auto downloading ALL the music on my lapt...
  • GrifGrif
  • Songwriter
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDeviceAcer Nitro 5Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo about a week ago my Spotify app stopped working and kept saying if you have the file on your computer you can import it and I have read through about 15 f...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Free Country United States Device Acer Nitro 5 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So about a week ago my Spotify app stopped working and kept saying i...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I cannot get spotify premium on my account anymore

PlanFree but I used to have premiumCountryUnited StatesMy Question or IssueI used to have Spotify premium but I cancelled my plan a few months ago, however now I want to require Spotify Premium and every time I try to upgrade the message of "Somethin...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free but I used to have premium Country United States My Question or Issue I used to have Spotify premium but I cancelled my plan a few months ago, however now I want to require Spotify Pre...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] Optimising the Spotify app on Windows

Currently the Spotify app on Windows 10, whether it be from the Windows store or not, runs like garbage. Would it be possible to optimise the app so it runs as well as it does on IOS and Android?

• Visitor
  • Currently the Spotify app on Windows 10, whether it be from the Windows store or not, runs like garbage. Would it be possible to optimise the app so it runs as well as it does on IOS and Android?&nbs...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

no sound on Windows

Hi everybody,I have the Problem that since few weeks i have no sound on Windows 10. I use the desktop app of germany and the free version of Spotify. I done everything. I installed it new, restart the Laptop from Lenovo etc. I does not have any clue ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everybody, I have the Problem that since few weeks i have no sound on Windows 10. I use the desktop app of germany and the free version of Spotify. I done everything. I installed it new, restart ...
  • LeaKüpper
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows 10 Application
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Moving about within long podcasts on Garmin Spotify

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceGarmin Fenix 5+Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue I tend to find the Spotify app on Garmin smartwatches (i have the Fenix 5+) tends to crash in between sessions, so for example, aft...

• Plan Premium Country  UK Device Garmin Fenix 5+ Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  I tend to find the Spotify app on Garmin...
  • Xenia
  • 3 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 11 likes

How to check Offline & cached music

PlanPremiumCountryItalyDeviceAsus TUG FA506IVOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi everyone, I figured out only today how to check the downloaded music on my phone, which was quite nice.However, when looking for something similar for my l...

• Plan Premium Country Italy Device Asus TUG FA506IV Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi everyone, I figured out only today how to check the downloaded music on my phon...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify app for W10 out of service

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDeviceASUS F550L core i7, 8GB RAMOperating Systemwindows 10 version 1903 x64 My Question or IssueThe App does not start! I cannot use it!

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Spain Device ASUS F550L core i7, 8GB RAM Operating System windows 10 version 1903 x64   My Question or Issue The App does not start! I cannot use it!
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • desktop app
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Windows 10 Error Code 50

I recently removed the Spotify app from my Windows 10 computer, and when I tried to download the desktop version, it gave me an error code 50 telling me it can't connect to the internet. I click "retry", and then it tells me the installer is corrupt....

• Visitor
  • I recently removed the Spotify app from my Windows 10 computer, and when I tried to download the desktop version, it gave me an error code 50 telling me it can't connect to the internet. I click "ret...
  • empidist
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Liked Songs playlist does not match Songs playlist on Desktop

After the recent update to Spotify the user experience has fallen below the expectations of a long-time premium subscriber. I mainly use Spotify by liking a song and listening to the playlist of songs that I've previously liked on my PC and iPhone. A...

• After the recent update to Spotify the user experience has fallen below the expectations of a long-time premium subscriber. I mainly use Spotify by liking a song and listening to the playlist of song...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 11 likes

Dual Monitors Different Resolution Issue

Starting spotify on my second monitor running at 1920x1080p and then dragging it to the larger 2560x1440p monitor creates a weird fullscreen issue. I've tried changing all of the compatability settings under spotify to no avail. Here's an printscreen...

• Starting spotify on my second monitor running at 1920x1080p and then dragging it to the larger 2560x1440p monitor creates a weird fullscreen issue.  I've tried changing all of the compatability ...
  • afozbek
  • Visitor
  • 7 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 10 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't play any song

PlanPremiumCountryIndoneisaDeviceAsus A442UROperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI can't play any song on my spotify. my web player and phone are working just fine but my desktop app can't do anything. My playlist wont sync too.

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Indoneisa Device Asus A442UR Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I can't play any song on my spotify. my web player and phone are working just fine ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution HOW DO I CHANGE MY SIGNATURE?

Hi, I'm an old community member but I havent been in touch with all the changes that have happened in the recent years. I used to know how to change my signature every time I make a post but right now I don't know how. Please can anybody help me out ...

• Community Legend
  • Hi, I'm an old community member but I havent been in touch with all the changes that have happened in the recent years. I used to know how to change my signature every time I make a post but right no...
  • Elena
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App freezes when searching

PlanPremiumCountryUkraineDeviceHP Envy Operating Systemlatest Windows 10 (2004, build 19041.450) My Question or IssueWhen searching - app freeze for ever. Helps only killing the process.Tried clean reinstallation - helps only until app auto update

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Ukraine Device HP Envy  Operating System latest Windows 10 (2004, build 19041.450)   My Question or Issue When searching - app freeze for ever. Helps only kil...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Start Menu icon - can I change it to the regular Spotify logo?

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have Spotify pinned to the Start menu. But I find it hard to locate the icon because it's always changing graphics to show various playlists, artists, etc., see attached. I...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have Spotify pinned to the Start menu. But I find it hard to locate the icon because it's always...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Podcasts will not play

I was listening to a podcast on my phone this morning, walked into work and wanted to continue listening and now, not a single podcast will play on my computer. I can play songs on my computer, but I cannot play any podcast. I have logged out of my d...

• Casual Listener
  • I was listening to a podcast on my phone this morning, walked into work and wanted to continue listening and now, not a single podcast will play on my computer.  I can play songs on my computer,...
  • or50323
  • Visitor
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Desktop app needs to have the album image showing while playing music BROUGHT BACK

One of Spotify's recent updates removed the box with the image of whatever song is currently playing and normally that's what helps me know if I've actually heard a song before or if it's deja vu. It's so weird that it's gone and I wish that they'd b...

• One of Spotify's recent updates removed the box with the image of whatever song is currently playing and normally that's what helps me know if I've actually heard a song before or if it's deja vu. It...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Its been a few years but..

Where is the idea discussion post/topic.. there was one back in 2012.. lolI wanted to throw idea - since I been waiting a better way to catalogue my playlist songs.

• Music Fan
  • Where is the idea discussion post/topic.. there was one back in 2012.. lol I wanted to throw idea - since I been waiting a better way to catalogue my playlist songs.    
  • Rim4
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • idea
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Possible solution to SOME local files missing.

Okay, so I've been syncing my local files and for some reason there's always been a few songs missing, like 1% or something.It's not that they're another format than mp3 iether.I've finally figured it out. Maybe it's old news, but I wanted to spare s...

• Regular
  • Okay, so I've been syncing my local files and for some reason there's always been a few songs missing, like 1% or something. It's not that they're another format than mp3 iether. I've finally figur...
  • Rim4
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes