Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • darkyoda1138
  • Regular
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Chromecast Audio for Win 10 Desktop Spot App

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceDell DesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Is there any way to cast to a Chromecast Audio dongle (connected to my hifi amp on an AUX input) when using the Spotify App (outside of the Chrome browser) on Wind...

• Plan Premium Country UK  Device Dell Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Is there any way to cast to a Chromecast Audio dongle (connected to my hifi a...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Connecting to Chromecast from Windows Desktop Client

When I want to use spotify connect to connect to my chromecast, I need to use my android phone/tablet versionn of spotify to connect first, then take over that connect session from my desktop client. It's imposible to directly connect to the chromeca...

• Regular
  • When I want to use spotify connect to connect to my chromecast, I need to use my android phone/tablet versionn of spotify to connect first, then take over that connect session from my desktop client....
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 136 replies
  • 90 likes
  • Windows
  • 136 replies
  • 90 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Don't see Chromecast Audio in my device list on Spotify for PC

Are Spotify users able to cast music from Spotify software (Windows 8/10 PC), but I don't see my Chromecast Audio on my available device list. I only see my 2 PC. I tried on both my PC. Could someone help me with this issue ? Thanks. P.S.:I see Chrom...

• Casual Listener
  • Are Spotify users able to cast music from Spotify software (Windows 8/10 PC), but I don't see my Chromecast Audio on my available device list.   I only see my 2 PC.   I...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 119 replies
  • 56 likes
  • Windows
  • 119 replies
  • 56 likes

No Output Available

Spotify was working fine, then suddenly stopped. I try to play a song, and it skips through a bunch of songs until it displays "Spotfiy can't play this song.." . I've been through all the troubleshooting with that issue, and I've figured out that Spo...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify was working fine, then suddenly stopped. I try to play a song, and it skips through a bunch of songs until it displays "Spotfiy can't play this song.." . I've been through all the troubleshoo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

(Desktop] App only wants to play my most recent liked songs.

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaOperating SystemWindows 10. My Question or IssueSo for the last few weeks, the desktop version of Spotify has only been playing the most recently liked songs when I listen to my liked songs. This doesn't happen when I use the ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Operating System Windows 10.   My Question or Issue So for the last few weeks, the desktop version of Spotify has only been playing the most recently liked so...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Liked Songs Playlist
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Overslept/missed meeting because of Podcast outplay

Plan PremiumCountryThe NetherlandsDeviceGalaxy S10 / LaptopOperating SystemAndroid / W64 My Question or IssueI usually play a podcast on my Windows laptop when I go to bed and midway through the episode I will fall asleep. There seems to be no way to...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan  Premium Country The Netherlands Device Galaxy S10 / Laptop Operating System Android / W64   My Question or Issue I usually play a podcast on my Windows laptop when I go to b...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Fix Windows Application

PlanPremiumCountryRussiaOperating System(Windows 10 x64) When will the Windows application be fixed? Build: 1.1.37.690.g8f3b16fc don't work!Build: 1.1.34.694.gac68a2b3 works! Ty!

Аннотация 2020-07-18 201111.jpg works.jpg
  • Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Russia Operating System (Windows 10 x64)   When will the Windows application be fixed?   Build: 1.1.37.690.g8f3b16fc don't work! Build: 1.1.3...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Meu Spotify Desktop não exibe minha musicas salvas

Plan: PremiumCountry: Brazil Device: DesktopOperating System :Windows 10 My Question or Issue: Estou com problemas de execução das minhas musicas curtidas no meu aplicativo do computador. Já reinstalei o aplicativo e restaurei suas configurações mas ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: Brazil   Device: Desktop Operating System :Windows 10   My Question or Issue: Estou com problemas de execução das minhas musicas curtidas no meu aplicativo...
  • PaoJedro
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution I cannot hide or unhide songs. (The icon doesn't even appear)

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI cannot hide or unhide any songs. The icon doesn't even appear. I accidentally hid a song I liked and I cannot find out to unhide it. I went into display options and checked ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I cannot hide or unhide any songs. The icon doesn't even appear. I accidentally hid a song I l...
  • jesse-575
  • Regular
  • 16 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Error Message

Plan Premium Country Canada Device PC Operating System Windows 10 Hi there, I am getting this error message even though I paid. Can someone please tell me why I am getting this?

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Canada Device PC Operating System Windows 10   Hi there, I am getting this error message even though I paid. Can someone please tell me why I am g...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cache setting still going to OS drive

With the latest release the ability to change the cache direcroy is in but it doesn't work. I have it pointing to a backup hardrive but the app data directory is still growing close to gig now with just switching it and deleting the old content.

• Casual Listener
  • With the latest release the ability to change the cache direcroy is in but it doesn't work.  I have it pointing to a backup hardrive but the app data directory is still growing close to gig...
  • JiggaJigga
  • 12 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 12 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify crashing on startup (even on web player)

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DevicepcOperating System Windows 10 My Question or IssueFor some reason every time I try to open Spotify it uses 100% disk space and then crashes. I tried uninstalling, restarting and downloading a different version but nothin...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device pc Operating System  Windows 10   My Question or Issue For some reason every time I try to open Spotify it uses 100% disk space and then cr...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Holding down space

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issueholding down space while listening to a song causes it to freak out when you stop.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue holding down space while listening to a song causes it to freak out when you stop.
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! social listening

So I am on a windows desktop my wife has an IPhone XR we can do a listening party sometimes from IPhone to Iphone RARELY but when we try to get it to where i can use spotify on my pc and listen to music together whilst i am gaming it is a no go. I do...

• Casual Listener
  • So I am on a windows desktop my wife has an IPhone XR we can do a listening party sometimes from IPhone to Iphone RARELY but when we try to get it to where i can use spotify on my pc and listen to mu...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify can't play this right now on every song

PlanPremiumCountryRussiaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 2004 My Question or IssueSpotify was working for some time but then stopped and throws error on every track. What tried: clearing cache at roaming/local, reinstalling app to latest, disabling...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Russia Device PC Operating System Windows 10 2004   My Question or Issue Spotify was working for some time but then stopped and throws error on every track. What t...
  • we3bhf9zutgtbg0
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify interface lags/is very slow.

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueOnly started happening just a few days where I thought it was just a minor issue with my network or with my PC itself but the problem still persisted even after I did an exten...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country UK Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Only started happening just a few days where I thought it was just a minor issue with my ne...
  • Pak762
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

recently played

So i have had this awful artist which i listened to once, about two months ago be in my recently played every single **bleep**ing day. It does not update, nor can i remove it. Man what is this? Remove his ass from my spotify account, i do not want to...

• Casual Listener
  • So i have had this awful artist which i listened to once, about two months ago be in my recently played every single **bleep**ing day. It does not update, nor can i remove it. Man what is this? Remov...
  • benzina1
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Can only play songs after switching default sound device in Windows

Running Windows 10 64 bit,Every time I reboot my PC, if I try to play a song I will either get the message "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." If I try to play a playlist, it just flips throug...

• Visitor
  • Running Windows 10 64 bit, Every time I reboot my PC, if I try to play a song I will either get the message "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import i...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify not responding

Account: Premium System: Windows 10 Last Update I start my premium plan today, but seeing the desktop app in windows, im thinking let it go. After a minutes playing some music, the app doesnt respond anymore. Can click on an artists, or song, but not...

• Account: Premium System: Windows 10 Last Update   I start my premium plan today, but seeing the desktop app in windows, im thinking let it go. After a minutes playing some music, the app...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify kann keine Songs abspielen über Interface

Hallo zusammen Ich verwende Spotify auf Windows 10 mit dem Desktop Client. Seit kurzem kann ich keine Songs mehr wiedergeben, wenn ich das Interface (Behringer UMC404HD) als Wiedergabegerät ausgewählt habe. Es erscheint die Fehlermeldung "Spotify kan...

• Hallo zusammen   Ich verwende Spotify auf Windows 10 mit dem Desktop Client. Seit kurzem kann ich keine Songs mehr wiedergeben, wenn ich das Interface (Behringer UMC404HD) als Wiedergabegerät ...
  • Sen_
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes