Premium

Country

USA 

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When searching for a song, artist, etc, the search results used to be sortable by column. For example, if I search for a song, many non-exact results show up, but it used to be (and remains so in playlists) that I could sort the songs alphabetically, therefore seeing all versions of the song I wanted to see grouped together. This was very helpful when looking for a song with many different recordings by many different artists.

I see this was an issue not long ago in OSX, but has been fixed there.

4 Replies

Hey @benterprise

I suggest checking out the Issue thread. Updates will be posted there. 🙂

Have a nice day!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I contacted customer support by chat and walked them through the issue.  The support person understood and said he'd raise with it with the development team.  It's a feature I use all the time.  Spotify search becoems almost useless without being able to sort by column.

Thanks Sebasty for posting the link however this is a different problem.

In the issue you posted the wrong song is played after sorting the search results.

The issue that myself and many others are experiencing is that the ability to sort search results is no longer available. In other words we cannot complete step 3 of the issue you linked to because this functionality has been removed. ie: you can no longer click on a column heading to sort results by that column. Kind of makes Spotify search completely redundant.

Hi Sebasty,

This is not the same issue. I am unable to sort at all. Tracks play as expected.

Suggested posts