Premium

Country

USA

Device

Dell Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify constantly crashes on my computer, sometimes it'll last a few days, sometimes a few seconds, but at some point, it always just closes itself out.  I've tried repairing the app, resetting the app, reinstalling it, downloading it from the windows app store instead of the spotify website, nothing seems to help. 

5 Replies

Hey there @weino523

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Most common issues with the app can really be fixed with a quick reinstall

In some situations however, a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app might be needed. This way you can start afresh with Spotify on your device. 

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the affected device. 

If it doesn’t do the trick, we’ll provide you with further help. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

@Ivan,

i've already tried reinstalling both ways, it didn't work 😕

Hey @weino523

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

It's also a good idea to log in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same.

If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

@ivan,

It doesn't happen on the laptop I use for work, and this computer is fully up to date!

Hey @weino523

Thanks for getting back to us.

In case you don't observe the same issue on a different device and your original device is up-to-date, we'd suggest you directly contact the manufacturer. 

You can reach out to Dell customer service here

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Suggested posts