Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Controlling volume on Chromecast from desktop application

Controlling volume on Chromecast from desktop application

Hi,

I'm wondering if it's possible to control the music volume my desktop when the music is streamed from my android phone to my Chromecast. When I open the desktop app, it sees which song is playing and I can pause, resume and even switch to other songs but I can only control the volume from my phone for some reason.

Is there a workaround to do this?

3 Replies

Hi, @eriknjoo!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

It’s currently not possible to discover a Chromecast device from the desktop app. Use a mobile/tablet to discover and launch Spotify on Chromecast. We have more info about this here.

Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Have a nice week 🙂 

Hi,

I know I can't start streaming from the desktop app, but if I start streaming from my smartphone, the PC will recognize and indicate the Chromecast is in use. It will indicate which song is playing and I can also switch songs from the desktop. I was wondering why it couldn't control the volume on Chromecast, if it can change songs, playlists, etc.

Requests like this one are all over the place and spotify won't give an answer. If songs can be changed it should be straightforward to enabled volume control from desktop app.

Suggested posts