Copy-Paste Playlist Problem

Plan: FREE

Free/Premium

Device

(PC)

Operating System

(Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Hello. i have issue. when i try to copy any playlist link i copy something like this:
3eb46242aad791aefa762d89a01f631aa5c09f1c73c3bae55df33bcaaa769c33caeea5adbc48
i can copy PROFILE link but not and the playlist also can copy any other link without problem but not and the playlist can someone help me to fix this
i try it many browsers even and the PC app.. NOT WORK.

34 Replies

I've been having this issue on mobile on and off for a couple of weeks. Now more on than off. Both on mobile data and wifi. I share playlists a lot so for me, this is not good at all. 

Error attached when trying. I only have the problem with this function on this app

Hey @DoomNation,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you try attaching the error message you're getting again, as we can't see it.

How does the copy-pasting look if you use a different account and what device are you using currently, brand/model, operating system? Are you using the app or the web player?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

It works when I copy my playlists' link in the web player, Thank you! 

Here's the link of the playlist I tried to copy.
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/508ixk4IpWgYNVysLzAlqz?si=7d73348f5fbf4120

Hey there,

Thanks for the replies.

The links you've posted in the thread seem to have been copied without any issues and we can open it.

As much as we want, it's not possible for us to replicate the described issue and remotely troubleshooting this specific issue is not possible without having access to the affected devices. We hope you understand.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I can't seem to copy and paste the correct link to my playlist on my desktop. The link all turned into this: 3eb46242aad791aefa762d89a01f631aa5c09f1c73c3bae55df33bcaaa769c33caeea5adbc48

Any other link such as songs, profile all work fine.

I tried it on browser and the app but it doesn't seem to work. The only solution to this was copying the link from my phone.

Hey @CarrotSu,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you please confirm you're following the steps described in this article?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @MihailY

Thank you for responding.

Yes, I can confirm that I followed the steps described in the article, and the link turned out to be this: 3eb46242aad791aefa762d89a01f631aa5c09f1c73c3bae55df33bcaaa769c33caeea5adbc48

rather than the usual spotify playlist link.

Hey @CarrotSu

Thanks for your reply.

Just to confirm, is this happening with only one playlist or with multiple ones?

If it only happens with one specific playlist, would you mind sending us its URI? We'll take a closer look on our end. 

We'll be waiting for your reply. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi @Eni,

This is happening to multiple playlist, most are playlist that non-artist created.

Thank you for responding.

Hey @CarrotSu,

Thanks for getting back to us!

As @Eni mentioned earlier, we'd need playlists URI's. We can then relay the information to our tech team. Make sure to follow the steps provided in the FAQ in order to copy them correctly. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

LyubkaModerator

Hi @Lyubka,

This is one of the playlist that I can't copy:https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1EXguaIz0PIIjG?si=gvwh-1_iSA-2IvFoeaSVew 

Hey @CarrotSu,

Thank you for providing the link! 

We've tried to reproduce the issue but we were not able to. 

Could you please send us a quick video where we can take a better look at this behavior? You can either attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor or upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

LyubkaModerator

I'm facing the same problem. Although, it's only happening for the playlist links in my case.
I've tried many different browsers and the spotify pc software from the microsoft store.

here is the detailed video link:  https://youtu.be/jc-yRphTCYw?si=Lxq3yGoJnOGegOEY

I can't seem to copy paste spotify playlist link. Although, it's only happening for the playlist links not artist music list or single music links.(I'm getting something like this: 3eb46242aad791aefa762d89a01f631aa5c09f1c73c3bae55df33bcaaa769c33caeea5adbc48)
I'm facing this problem only in my pc, I can copy-paste the links from my phone without any issues.
I've tried many different browsers(ms edge, opera gx, brave) and the spotify pc software from the microsoft store.

here is the detailed video link: https://youtu.be/jc-yRphTCYw?si=Lxq3yGoJnOGegOEY
I treid to copy the link from the address bar but it failed too... https://youtu.be/EzsUWWLYl3M

Good news!!! I solved it!!

welp the thing is.. if you're facing the same issue, your device is probably infected with some malware/trojan.
just run Malwarebytes a few times and voila! you can now copy and paste any link without corruption.😉

Suggested posts