Premium

Country

USA

Device

Windows App

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I can't get rid of the crackling issue on the windows app. I've read tons of posts on the issue that seems to go back as far as 2016 or more. I've tried all the solutions I can find with no luck. 

Please help 😞

4 Replies

It seems to happen randomly when I move my mouse around or open or close a tab in Chrome. But it goes away and comes back randomly as well. It doesnt happen everytime I move the mouse or mess around in Chrome.

Hey @nuggular

That sounds odd!

Does this also happen when you put on some longer compilation video on Youtube and then try opening/closing tabs and windows?
You can also try playing your local library and Spotify web player.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The issue seems to be worse when I use the web player. Everytime I click on something to open it, move tabs in my browser, click on an email, etc. I hear tons of crackling. I dont have this issue with pandora or iHeart Radio. 

Any idea of a way to fix this? If it persists, I will not renew my premium membership. 

@nuggular

You can try out the following:

1. ensure your antivirus is not the cause. Some AV software come with http scanning which may likely cause latency in audio playback.

2. Reinstall using this article as a guide. Make sure to restart your PC before redownloading Spotify.

3. Try using a Windows Store version of Spotify instead of standalone version, or vice versa.

4. Try reinstalling your audio drivers. This user made a good guide on how to roll back to native driver.
5. Adjust for best performance of background services. Audio playback is background service and this setting is helpful with latency-related issues.
Here's how to:
a) Go to Control Panel, click on System and Security and select System.
b) In the left-side menu select Advanced System Settings
c) In the opened window you should be in the Advanced tab. Click on the Settings button in Performance section.
d) Navigate to Advanced tab in the opened window.

e) Under Processor Scheduling section select the "Background Services" option.

f) Click OK to save changes and exit.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts