Premium

Country

Argentina

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

On the windows/PC version, the old crackling or shuttering or distortion noises are back. Every couple of seconds, the sound pauses, crackles, and then continues, making any song unplayable. A 2018 post had a solution that involved leaving the 'sound' panel open, which worked for some time, but now it does no effect. 

3 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hi I am exactly facing the same issue only on my Mabook Pro 2021, 14 inch m1 processor. Android mobile works fine and even my iPAD m1 ! Tried everything on this earth, (restart, reinstall, clear cache, changed internet)

Interesting thing: Download a song and play same problem, Turn off Wifi and play download song, No shuttering anymore. Turn Wifi again and same downloaded songs shutters after ever few seconds. What to do ???? (I am on premium)

Hi @mahsanamin,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Since this is happening only on one device, the first thing we suggest is that you run a clean reinstall of the app with these steps. They are very thorough and will ensure you remove any damaged file.

If the issue persists, can you log in with another account, such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists? Alternatively, you can create a free account here, just make sure you're logged out of your own account before creating a new one.  

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts