Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

EQ on Desktop

Lets face it: an integral part of listening to music is adjusting the equalizer. The mobile app has an equalizer, and it is about time the desktop version has an equalizer too. Even if it doesn't come with presets, it should be customize-able for the...

• Visitor
  • Lets face it: an integral part of listening to music is adjusting the equalizer. The mobile app has an equalizer, and it is about time the desktop version has an equalizer too. Even if it doesn't com...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Desktop
    eq
    Equalizer
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Musik not available

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceAllOperating SystemAll My Question or Issue I was just looking for the Album "The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory" and couldnt't find it on the Artist page (Makaveli).I found it by searching for the Album directly, bu...

Makaveli page not making sense.PNG Album not available.PNG No copyright news.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Germany Device All Operating System All   My Question or Issue   I was just looking for the Album "The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory" and couldnt...
  • Poizonix
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2Pac
    GREYED OUT CONTENT
    Makaveli
    The Don Killuminati
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs being skipped Rapidly

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePC and iPhone XOperating SystemWindows 10 iOS 13.4.1 My Question or IssueWhen spotify opens up on my PC songs start to skip rapidly for no reason and I'm not able to skip songs myself. I have Signed out of all devices, Unin...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device PC and iPhone X Operating System Windows 10 iOS 13.4.1   My Question or Issue When spotify opens up on my PC songs start to skip rapidly for no ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify PC no reproduce ninguna cancion

PlanPremiumCountry DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueTengo spotify en PC desde hace años y hoy ha dejado de reproducir todas las canciones, en las playlist o radio, cuando le doy a reproducir una canción, empieza a pasar de una e...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Tengo spotify en PC desde hace años y hoy ha dejado de reproducir todas las canciones, en las p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No longer able to stream to Musicast speakers "Can't play this right now"

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceWindows + iPhoneOperating SystemWindows 10 and iOS 13.4.1 My Question or IssueSpotify seems to have lost its ability to stream to the Musicast devices I have which has been working fine for a couple of years now. Ther...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Australia Device Windows + iPhone Operating System Windows 10 and iOS 13.4.1   My Question or Issue Spotify seems to have lost its ability to stream to the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Musicast
    Yamaha
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Connect] Easy solution to error 4

After looking on google and the community forum to solve the famous error 4, the easiest way in my case, was just to disable the firewall of windows, just go to settings- update and security- windows security- virus protection- firewall and network p...

• Visitor
  • After looking on google and the community forum to solve the famous error 4, the easiest way in my case, was just to disable the firewall of windows, just go to settings- update and security- windows...
  • Palace
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Connect
    Desktop
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows Desktop player always starts my Liked songs from recently added regardless of sort order

Plan: PremiumCountry: USADevice: desktop computerOperating System: Windows 7/10 My Question or IssueI have more than 1000 songs in my Liked list. I can sort the list by tittle, artist, album, time added and duration. Desktop player keeps playing song...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA Device: desktop computer Operating System: Windows 7/10  My Question or Issue I have more than 1000 songs in my Liked list. I can sort the list by tittle, ar...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Queue disappears after restarting PC

PlanPremiumOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhenever I play an album and restart my PC, the entire queue disappears and the last song I played remains. THe only thing left in the queue are 2 blank songs with a length of NaaN, no artist,...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Whenever I play an album and restart my PC, the entire queue disappears and the last song I played remains. THe only thing l...
  • Mr_boombaw
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

WIndows desktop app gets stuck: won't play complete song, won't change songs

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDell workstation, dual Xeon E5-2663, 2.8 GHz, 64 GB RAM, 1.5 TB free disk spaceOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro My Question or IssueI can use the spotify android app on my phone and spotify web player on my desktop computer (...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Dell workstation, dual Xeon E5-2663, 2.8 GHz, 64 GB RAM, 1.5 TB free disk space Operating System Windows 10 Pro   My Question or Issue I can use the...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

'Hide this song' is not consistent with the IOS smartphone version

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhy is 'Hide this song' not consistent with the IOS smartphone version, e.g. on Iphone > 'Your Library' > 'Albums' tab > any song > '...' icon gives the option to 'Hid...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Why is 'Hide this song' not consistent with the IOS smartphone version, e.g. on Iphone >...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

"Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

PlanFreeCountryNetherlandsDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueSpotify desktop all of a sudden stopped working. In the middle of a playlist. Ad started, I paused it to check something else, went back, resumed, and nothing. Nothing pl...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Netherlands Device PC Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue Spotify desktop all of a sudden stopped working. In the middle of a playlist. Ad started, I pa...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Windows 10] Queue erases everytime ads start!

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceWindows 10 PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueEach time I add songs to the queue after ads start all the music I added to the queue is gone and only shows "Next Up" that is auto generated.

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device Windows 10 PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Each time I add songs to the queue after ads start all  the music I added ...
  • Novy
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Profile name

PlanPremiumDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHow to change this to display my exact username because I find it's very annoying , or is this a feature I have to live with as a Premium user ?

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue How to change this to display my exact username because I find it's very annoying , or is this a featu...
  • Mario
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlists not syncing across multiple devices

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice2 Windows PCs, iPhone8Operating SystemWindows 10, iOS13 My Question or IssueI use Spotify on two Windows 10 PCs and iPhone. All the 40+ playlists Ive created in the past 7+ years are visible on all devices. My main personal...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device 2 Windows PCs, iPhone8 Operating System Windows 10, iOS13   My Question or Issue I use Spotify on two Windows 10 PCs and iPhone.  All the 40+ playl...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Whenever I press fn+f12 to skip a song, windows media overlay breaks

PlanPremiumCountryEnglandDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10, 1909 My Question or IssueWhenever I press fn+f12 to skip a song, windows media overlay breaks.spotify cycles through every single song in the playlist rapidly before stopping on a song. Aft...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country England Device PC Operating System Windows 10, 1909   My Question or Issue Whenever I press fn+f12 to skip a song, windows media overlay breaks. spotify cycles th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't open or install

Suddenly the app stopped working, I'm using Win10, it just doesn't open, even after reinstalling, uninstalling, many times (including the windows store and the website). I tried deleting the app folders in "appdata" and stuff, but it still doesn't wo...

• Visitor
  • Suddenly the app stopped working, I'm using Win10, it just doesn't open, even after reinstalling, uninstalling, many times (including the windows store and the website). I tried deleting the app fold...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [BUG] Dot menu overlays other windows

DeviceWindow 10 PC in the Spotify Application My Question or IssueThe little 3-dot menu in the top left of the Spotify app (contains File, Edit, View, Playback, Help) will persist over other windows, see picture. When it does this, the menu can still...

• Visitor
  • Device Window 10 PC in the Spotify Application   My Question or Issue The little 3-dot menu in the top left of the Spotify app (contains File, Edit, View, Playback, Help) will persist over o...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist mudando sozinha

PlanFree/PremiumCountryBRAZILDeviceNotebook WIN10 Operating SystemWindowsMy Question or IssueOlá,Preciso de ajuda a respeito da reprodução de playlists. Diversas vezes, quando estou ouvindo qualquer playlist salva, ela muda para uma playlist que não ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country BRAZIL Device Notebook WIN10  Operating System Windows My Question or Issue Olá, Preciso de ajuda a respeito da reprodução de playlists. Diversas vezes, quand...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows Media Hotkeys Only Work With Windows Media Player

PlanFamily PremiumCountryU.S.DeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHey all,So I have an issue with my media hotkeys where they are only opening Windows Media Player. The hotkeys used to work with Spotify/YouTube/etc. however, the...

• Plan Family Premium Country U.S. Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hey all, So I have an issue with my media hotkeys where they are only opening Windows...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

When selecting a song or playlist the music will skip repeatedly

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueEvery time I click a song the song skips repeatedly. For example, in a playlist each song will be listed for less than a second before moving to the next one. Yes, I've resta...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Every time I click a song the song skips repeatedly. For example, in a playlist each song ...
  • TaTHEj
  • Composer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes