Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Create similar playlist not working

Create similar playlist not working

Hello,

I was using Create Similar Playlist feature without a problem until a week ago. For a week now, it's not working. I know  that it's not working on Discover Weekly playlist but it does not work on my own playlist too.

Capture.PNG

The option is there, however when I click, nothing happens. I logged out then logged in again, i uninstalled and re-installed again but nothing changed. (I'm using Windows 10)

Kindly requesting your assistance.

Thanks

23 Replies

I don't know how to solve your problem denizyesil, but if you want a temporary solution: after a playlist has finished playing, Spotify starts playing similar songs that you can "like" and "dislike" to help them make your recomended songs better. They are not in a premade playlist, but you can add the ones you like and it's the same concept only per song. Hope this helps!

The problem is, the autoplay feature you're describing and Create Similar Playlist seem to use two very different algorithms for recommending music. The autoplay (I believe) is just starting a Playlist Radio station, but I found the Create Similar Playlist usually picked more varied and less popular music, so I discovered a lot more new stuff.

I really hope it starts working again. With last.fm's radio stations no longer working in Spotify either, I'm running out of options for discovering music 😞

I have the same issue for about the same period of time.

i'm having this issue too, still not solved

Same issue as well

Me too! Feature stopped working for me this morning. 

Me too - really frustrating as I love this feature

Same here - Found out about this feature on reddit - It's greyed out on thrid party playlists, but normal on my playlists, yet clicking doesn't do a thing - I hope this is fixed, I was really looking forward to giving this feature a go!

Same problem here on windows 10.
Edit: I restarted my pc a few times due to another problem and now it works.

I may have found the solution on reddit:

Is your language set to the local language of your IP (As in, where you are?)

I had to change my language to German, as I am in Germany - Works fine now.

Super wierd - You can change it back to your prefered language and the playlists will stay!

I hope this helps!!

EDIT: So, after messing around - Your IP, Country in Profile and Language Setting must be the same - Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, try messing with around with your connection, as dynamic IPs seem to mess with this function - At least that's why I think as my "create simular playlist" functions on and off, randomly

Didn't work for me unfortunately...

Same problem. Clicking on it gets no response.

I've noticed something today that might help someone. The feature has been working fine for the last week or so on my Linux machine, after I downloaded and installed a newer version of Spotify. This morning, it stopped working again, but I again found an update and installed it - I'm now on version 1.0.64.407 and the feature is working.

The same thing happened on my Windows machine last night - Spotify told me there was an update, I installed it & restarted the client, and Create Similar Playlist started working. 

This could be a coincidence but I'm wondering if it's disabling the feature unless you have the most recent version of Spotify? If anyone else wants to test this and post their results that'd be great. As far as I know this is easier to do on Linux because you can manually download updates using the command line, I'm not sure if it's possible on Windows or Mac.

EDIT: A day later and it stopped working again, and there's no update to install for Linux. Oh well.

I was having this problem so contacted spotify help on twitter. Here's what fixed it for me: 

1. Log out of spotify

2. Restart your computer

3. Log back in

And it should work , but only on playlists made by you personally

Never thought to try logging out but it just worked for me (without restarting PC) so thank you! Hopefully this keeps working

Logging out and back in has worked for me.

Always marvel at how often switch it of and on again works – Thanks.

I felt somewhat stupid hahah

I wouldn’t worry about it, I’d been trying to figure it out for weeks and I’m in IT and even have a TShirt that says “Have you tried turning it of an on again”

Logging out and restarting worked perfectly for me...thank you.

Suggested posts