Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Crossfade not working in custom playlist

Crossfade not working in custom playlist

I have crossfade enabled for 5 seconds, but it only works on Radio playlists. It doesn't work on my custom playlists.

Anybody else have this issue?

3 Replies

Hey @dilirity,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

As a heads-up, although it's possible to enable the Crossfade songs option in Settings, this won't apply automatically to all the songs on the platform since not all the songs are suited for it. 

To stay on the safe side and if, after double-checking, you feel like the option is not working correctly, it'd be useful to perform a clean reinstall of your app so as to delete any traces of your current Spotify setup and then be able to install the app from scratch.

Let us know how you get on. We'll be here if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for the swift reply.

I was not aware that the crossfade option is available for specific songs only. I did some tests (for my piece of mind), and this is indeed the case.

If that's the case, the current UI is somewhat misleading, as it leads the user to believe, that this applies to all songs.

Is it okay if I open a suggestion thread, to add a notice next to the crossfade option, so that users will know this applies to specific songs, and not all?

Thank you again.

Hey @dilirity,

Thanks for you your reply. Glad that what I shared was helpful 🙂 

If you'd like to present your feedback and suggestion regarding the crossfade option as an Idea for Spotify, it'd be great for you to follow these steps:

1. Go to the Spotify Community
  2. Click on Menu
  3. Click on Ideas > Idea submissions
  4. Scroll all the way to the bottom and click on Let’s go

As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an Idea gets, the more likely it is for the Idea to be implemented. If you wish to learn more about how your feedback will reach Spotify, feel free to take a look at this article.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Have a nice day!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts