Daily mix no longer enless mix, normal playlist instead

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Thinkpad T480s, Thinkpad X260, Intel NUC, Oneplus 2

Operating System

Windows 10, OxygenOS 3.6.1 (Android 6.0.1)

My Question or Issue

My daily mixes have over the course of the last few days gone from being endless mixes to being normal playlists on all the different units where I'm logged in.

At the top of the mixes it used to say "endless mix", and if I scrolled down the playlist would be faded out with the text "more songs load as you listen". I would be able to like or dislike the songs being played (heart icon and crossed over circle icon).

Now at the top it says the amount of songs in the playlist, and the playtime. For example "50 songs, 4hr 15min". There's no option to like or dislike, only to save to library. At the bottom the playlist simply ends, but I have the option to repeat and shuffle which would normally not be present.

The app is fully updated and I have tried logging out and in again.

Is this an intended change?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

We just wanted to confirm that this is the intended behaviour of the Daily Mix.

Now, Daily Mixes will be refreshed on a daily basis and will contain 50 songs each. If you have Autoplay enabled in your Settings, a playlist radio will be generated which will mimic the endless quality of the old Daily Mixes.

Let us know if you have any questions about the above.

Thanks! Stay awesome 🙂

View solution in original post

26 Replies

Same thing here 

happened to me too. i need the endless mix function! 😞

I HAVE THE SAME QUESTION . AND THE OTHER ISSUE IS THAT YOU DON HAVE THE LIKE/  DISLIKED OPTION .  I LIKE THAT IT USED TO BE , HOW CAN I GET THE OLDER FUNCTION

Today its works again !  !!

It's working again for me as well, since some time yesterday! Maybe they've fixed the issue

Same problem here and also I can't dislike any artists.

Happening to me too. Also no Like/Dislike buttons.

I'm having the same issue, on Windows, IOS and MAC OS.
Is there any intended fix for this in the near future?

It was just BARELY fixed for me! I was listening to my Daily Mix earlier today and had the issue, but just checked and it is working for me (endless mix with Like/Dislike).

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting about this issue here!

This is something we're aware of and are currently investigating - make sure to check out this thread for the latest info on this.

Thanks!

My Spotify is doing the exact same thing. This is the MAIN REASON why I have a premium Spotify account and have kept it for years. I use/used the endless daily playlists every single day (used to be able to simply pull up/load more songs when it ended) and now only a few set songs come up and that's it. This has made me very disappointed because I'm in my car A LOT and have always used this favorite feature. Also ALL of my music is on shuffle, which I can't seem to turn off unless I do it manually for EACH artist and each album every time I go to listen to something. If Spotify doesn't fix this, I'll be switching over to iTunes and will never look back. FIX YOUR MESS, SPOTIFY!!!(iPhone version: 13.1.2; Spotify version: 8.5.27) 

As of today my Spotify is doing the same thing. My Daily Mixes are limited to 50 static tracks and I cannot dislike tracks.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application but the issue persists.

Windows 10, application version 1.1.17.543.geb9254e9

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

We just wanted to confirm that this is the intended behaviour of the Daily Mix.

Now, Daily Mixes will be refreshed on a daily basis and will contain 50 songs each. If you have Autoplay enabled in your Settings, a playlist radio will be generated which will mimic the endless quality of the old Daily Mixes.

Let us know if you have any questions about the above.

Thanks! Stay awesome 🙂

Why the **** I can't dislike songs and artists anymore? It it very annoying.

Very bad 'update', daily mix keeps playing songs that I dislike and now I can't even block them from playing? Let alone that 50 songs isn't all that many.

Hey Peter,

Just wanted to chime in that the update to Daily Mix is pretty disappointing. Besides the limited number of tracks, the diversity of artists is extremely poor and there are random tracks thrown in that make no sense.

Discovering similar artists and music in Daily Mix used to be a fun part of the feature.. I'm afraid this is a major downgrade to what was one of my favorite parts about Spotify

I am sad to hear, that this is infact intended behaviour. Endless mixes with personal preferences (and an exclusion-list) have been a great feature! Got caught by this on surprise yesterday, when we had a nine hour roadtrip and suddenly all the songs kept repeating. 😞

Please undo this change and put daily mixes back to how they were.  This new  non-continuous daily mix is horrible. It's mixing up genres and making daily mixes I don't even want to listen to anymore. 

Stop messing with what already works well!

Thank you for the response verifying that this is in fact intended behaviour. I am however disappointed to hear that this is the case, the daily mixes is the bulk of what I listen to on spotify and these changes have made them worse for me.

1. Not being able tune the mixes by disliking and liking songs means artists and songs I don't want to listen to, or don't want in that specific mix, keeps being played.

2. Needing Autoplay enabled in the settings to get a function like the old mixes is not a good fit for me, as when I don't listen to the mixes I usually listen to albums or playlists where I don't want to hear similar music when they end. This means I will need to keep toggling this settting on and off.

3. I don't know how the old mixes were formed, but they seemed to have a wider mix of songs. By enabling Autoplay to make a radio when the playlist is over, I assume that radio is based only on the 50 songs of the day? Whereas the old mixes were based on a longer listening history?

I hope this change will be reconsidered, as to me the daily mixes have lost a lot of what made them so convenient and well matched to my taste.

Suggested posts