Country

England

Device

Phone 8 Plus

Chromebook/Web connection

Operating System

iOS/ChromeOS Chrome Browser

My Question or Issue

Daily mixes are not showing the same songs on different devices.

This has been reported before:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Daily-Mix-is-different-from-smartphone/td-p/4525942

but the thread appears closed and I can't add to it.

To confirm - logging out and back in again does nothing, it makes no difference the songs are still totally different on my mixes. Can this be fixed please, it makes jumping seamlessly between devices impossible.

Thanks

P

dailymixweb.jpg
dailymixiphone.jpg
18 Replies

Hello. Devs. That's still an issue.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

We hope you don’t mind us replying now as we just stumbled upon this thread.

It's a good idea to log out from everywhere with these steps. Are there any changes?

In case that doesn't help, we'd suggest you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall? This one is more thorough than the usual one.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm having this issue too and a google search led me here. To the usual "Uninstall and re-install". I'll give it a go, but I'm not convinced that's the issue.

Hey @Badgersnadgers,

Thanks for posting here.

Could you give the steps mentioned in the thread a go to see if that changes anything? 

We recommend running a clean reinstall as sometimes the cache can lead to different issues. That way you can also make sure that the app is up-to-date.

Let us know how it goes.

Ver Moderator

This does not work you need to fix this and make one playlist created have the same songs that was created for that playlist, reinstalling does nothing and it is impossible to move between devices and play the same songs. I moved from Pandora to not have to deal with stuff like this 

Hey @Anewaywithlife,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

The daily mixes are special selections of songs specially made for you. We've tried this on our end using different devices, but we couldn't replicate the issue. All songs were the same and keeping the same order between devices if using the same account.

The system only changes the songs if you have a different account logged in by mistake. We understand you've already tried some troubleshooting steps including reinstalling, but to be sure that we're on the same page - did you use the steps for a clean reinstall mentioned in this article? They are more thorough than a regular one. That way you can make sure the cache is not causing this issue.

Also, make sure you use the exact same credentials to log in on the Web Player and your mobile device after the reinstall. If the issue persists, could you record a short video where we can take a better look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to watch it).

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

Happens to me all the time - very frustrating.

Two different windows 10 PCs all logged into spotify app as the same user.

PC A - app is showing different daily mixes from

PC A web and PC B app and PC B web - which all agree

beethoven2000_0-1668051627419.png

Hey @beethoven2000,

Thank you for the provided info!

On PC A, could you try the troubleshooting steps, mentioned by @OscarDC?
If this doesn't do the trick and you've installed the app from our website, check if the Spotify app version from the Microsoft app store behaves differently.

If the issue remains with both versions, try the following steps:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. Go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify

Let us know how it goes! 🙂
We'll be on the lookout for your response.

VasilModerator

I'm not 100% sure if this is the same issue as you other guys are having but restarting Spotify on all connected devices fixes it for me. That seem to force a refresh of the daily mix playlists so they are all in sync. It's still really annoying, as I have to restart Spotify on my "media pc" almost every day.

It seems that the daily mixes don't always update if I leave Spotify running overnight. 

Hey @Mengidd,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

We're glad to know that everything is working fine now. We appreciate the time you took following the process and sharing what works for you. Hopefully, this tip will fix the issue for other users too.

In case you need anything else, remember that we're just a post away.

Cheers!

OscarDCModerator

Just to clarify, it's not working fine, what I'm doing is a shitty workaround. It's hella annoying that I have to restart Spotify on all my devices all the time to be able to play daily mixes as they don't resync if I leave the app open over multiple days.

I just wanted to add that I'm able to get it working by restarting all my devices, but it's not a solution. A solution would have to come from Spotify that makes the daily mixes resync even if you have the app open.

Hey @Mengidd

Thanks for the clarification. 

Could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? That way we can avoid repeating any steps.

If you haven't performed a clean reinstall on your devices yet, we suggest that you do so by following the steps @OscarDC sent above. 

Let us know how it goes. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

This is not an issue with my device or installation. This is consistently happening on all my devices, even tried with a device that never had Spotify installed before, same issue.

This is a general bug in Spotify, this is how your tech team can reproduce this:

1. Start Spotify on two devices
  2. Start controlling device #2 from device #1, and start playing a daily mix list
  3. Stop playing from device #1 and then close Spotify on device #1
  4. Wait over night (or until the daily list is supposed to be updated)
  5. Start up Spotify on device #1 again, and connect to device #2 for remote controlling. Don't touch device #2, it's always running and not being directly interacted with.
  6. Open the daily list on device #1, which is now updated with new songs for today and try to play a song that's not in yesterday's list (which is still the active list on device #2 as it has not synced the list because it seems to not do that unless you interact with your discovery page or whatever). The song will simply not play.

No troubleshooting will help this, as I have tested and been able to reproduce this with multiple devices, device #2 have been both MacOS and Windows 11 during my tests. Device #1 have been Windows 11, MacOS and Android. All seems to experience the same issue.

Hello. Almost 2024 and that's still a problem.

Cannot cross-play. Just shout out loud because of this, it makes me angry!

Tried going back and forth on the songs to sync but the one that are not on the other device wont play. 

Version on iOs: 8.8.88.445

Version on macOS (Intel): 1.1.89.862.g94554d24 

Version on Windows (64 bits): 1.2.24.756.g7a7fc7f0

I have the same issue on Android and MacOS, pressing next/prev on the device not currently playing produces even weirder behavior like randomly jumping to a completely different song (not related to either version of the playlist).

Spotify for Android (14): 8.8.96.364
Spotify for macOS (Apple Silicon): 1.2.26.1187.g36b715a1

407072147_619349173618043_2500566410748189623_n.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 20.22.30.png

Absolutely hilarious the 5d chess spotify tries to do the deny their app has had this problem for years. No amount of restarting/uninstalling an app should affect a website across multiple devices. Fix**bleep** this is asinine. 

Just checking in many months later to say this is still happening. I have to say that Spotify is by far the most inconsistent and buggy app I use on any device for any purpose.

Suggested posts