Premium

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 11 Pro 21H2 22000.527

Spotify
1.1.79.763.gc2965cdf

Issue

When I interact with the player, every action comes with a delay. Video attached. Web version works fine.

Few days ago I reinstalled Windows 11 and updated to the last version and this issue came out. Previously everything worked fine on Windows 11. 

I can assume that the problem may be in some third-party programs or components that are necessary for Spotify to work. Although, most likely, Spotify should install them during desktop app installation, if they needed at all. Or perhaps issue in drivers/components of the operating system that for some reason do not work correctly.

Things I did but it didn't help:
- Clean reinstall of Spotify (Both Microsoft Store and not Microsoft Store versions)

- Turned off Hardware acceleration

- Turned off firewall

- Tried few audio devices

- Updated drivers

- Changed cheche size to 1024

RAM should be enough: 32GB. GPU: GTX 1080. Internet speed: 800Mbps

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

After several hours of trying to fix the error, I managed to do it. The lag was due to the AdGuard program installed on my computer. It is designed to block ads, however, for some unknown reason, it was blocking or filtering the traffic of the Spotify application, which caused a delay in response. 

If someone has a similar problem, then check everything related to filtering / blocking any traffic.

I hope this post helps someone!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

After several hours of trying to fix the error, I managed to do it. The lag was due to the AdGuard program installed on my computer. It is designed to block ads, however, for some unknown reason, it was blocking or filtering the traffic of the Spotify application, which caused a delay in response. 

If someone has a similar problem, then check everything related to filtering / blocking any traffic.

I hope this post helps someone!

I have the same problem, how should I proceed?

Premium

Screenshot_3.png

Hey @MOSANO,

Thanks for your reply.

For starters, could you share with us the troubleshooting you’ve already done? You could start with a clean reinstall to see if this makes a difference. You can see the steps for a clean reinstall here.

On another note, you might need to check for any local settings on your device that could be blocking the app. In case there's an antivirus software or such that could be restricting access to the app, try whitelisting Spotify. 

Lastly, do you use a VPN on your computer? If yes, try disabling it to see if that makes any difference.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

A year later and this is still helpful, thank you so much.

For me, turning off Use WFP network driver (Network - Traffic filtering) cause this lag.

After last windows update i have this problem and im not alone

have you installed ad guard or something similar? 

no

Oh what a great post to find here, I too use adguard and have been experiencing sudden disconnects lately. I didn't suspect adguard as I was using it well and thought it was probably due to the constant updating of its filters, causing unknown errors.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is, do I need to switch on the Use WFP network driver option for the error to go away? Or is it something that needs to be switched off? I checked and it was switched off by default.

Suggested posts