Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop Interface is glitched when first opening the app

Solved!

Desktop Interface is glitched when first opening the app

Plan: Premium.

Device: PC.

Operating System: Windows 10, but using desktop app, not the Windows 10 specific app.

My question or Issue:

I use a screen-reader, and have had accessibility issues with Spotify before, but this one is surely a bug. It's only been happening since the last update and it's very very strange.

Usually, when I open the Spotify desktop app, the interface is reasonably detailed, everything is nicely labeled and laid out in easy-to-navigate sections. Since this last update, I've opened the app to find all the usually sections not present, just some information like what song was playing last with no links or headings, and the only buttons are unlabeled, at least as far as my screen-reader is concerned. However, when I press the bottom-most button, which is Fullscreen, everything unfolds back out and the buttons for the player get their labels back. Exiting fullscreen mode does not return the interface to its messed-up state, but I have to turn fullscreen on and off every time I open the app and that's a bit ridiculous. I don't believe you'd so abruptly strip away accessibility like this, and since the proper interface can be restored by the method I outlined above, I choose to believe this is a bug, not a feature. I hope you can find a way to fix it in the next update..

Edit: I've noticed something else. When I open the app, if I was on an album at the time, I cannot switch directly to my liked songs just by clicking the option. I tried multiple times and the panel wouldn't drop down. I eventually tried pressing Recently Played, and then Liked Songs, and that worked.

Also, I hope this message is unspammified. It isn't spam and I don't like it being marked as such when all I did was make edits really fast.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Spotify updated this morning and all is well! I did a few tests to see if the behaviour persisted and it didn't! I would like to mark this as solved but the only post that wasn't mine didn't contain the solution, it was fixed in an update. Nevertheless, the problem appears solved now!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey there @the_imaginatrix!

Thanks for reaching out on the Community about this.

Just to check, have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far like logging out of the app > restarting your device > logging back in?

It's a also a good idea to reinstall the app with the steps here and if it's possible for you to download the Microsoft store version.

Keep us posted on how it goes and don't hesitate to get back to us if you have any questions.

Take care!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I tried logging out, restarting and logging back in. The problems still persist.

I haven't tried the Windows 10 version, as I was told it was not as good as the Desktop version when I first upgraded. I doubt it is accessible enough to allow me to create/edit playlists, something I cannot do on the Desktop app, so until that happens or this app becomes totally unusable, I don't want to switch. I'm used to the Desktop interface. Besides, the Win 10 app can't be installed on the same system as the Desktop app, for stupid reasons I don't understand. If I could, I'd have them side by side to compare differences and choose which I like better, but the fact that I couldn't made me instantly resent it.

Marked as solution

Spotify updated this morning and all is well! I did a few tests to see if the behaviour persisted and it didn't! I would like to mark this as solved but the only post that wasn't mine didn't contain the solution, it was fixed in an update. Nevertheless, the problem appears solved now!

Suggested posts