Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Playlists] Sort songs by date added on the top of the playlist

Solved!

[Desktop][Playlists] Sort songs by date added on the top of the playlist

When you choose the sort option "date added" on the desktop app the songs show in order from the first song you added in the playlist. It should be an option to reverse that function so the songs last added to the playlist is at the top. It is really annoying to scroll down to bottom to find the last songs you added, and usual its the songs you last added you listen to the most..

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @pizzha,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Yes, the “Date Added” sort option in the new desktop app defaults to ordering tracks in a playlist from oldest to newest date added. However, you can reverse the track order by clicking on “Date Added” at the top of the column.

Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 1.37.52 PM.png

If you have the Spotify app minimized, you can expand it until the “Date Added” column appears. Note that you may have to hide Friend Activity by first clicking on this icon at the top-right of the screen:

TreyAnastasio_0-1624481067576.png

Then you can select Settings; and under Display, switch See what your friends are playing to “off” (gray).

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @pizzha,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Yes, the “Date Added” sort option in the new desktop app defaults to ordering tracks in a playlist from oldest to newest date added. However, you can reverse the track order by clicking on “Date Added” at the top of the column.

Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 1.37.52 PM.png

If you have the Spotify app minimized, you can expand it until the “Date Added” column appears. Note that you may have to hide Friend Activity by first clicking on this icon at the top-right of the screen:

TreyAnastasio_0-1624481067576.png

Then you can select Settings; and under Display, switch See what your friends are playing to “off” (gray).

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts