Premium

Country

United States

Device

Windows

Operating System

Windows 7

My Question or Issue

For about a week now every time I would use the desktop Spotify's search bar it would take an unbearable time to load up the results. Before that it used to give me what I was looking for as I was typing it in, but now it'll take anywhere from 30 seconds to over a minute to get the search page to load up what I'm looking for after I type the song name and artist in. I've tried all the methods I found to fix a slow Spotify (deleting some folders in my appdata section of Windows Explorer, reducing my local files, countless re-installations ) but none of them seem to work. I'm using the latest version of desktop Spotify for Windows (1.1.38.558.g4b100958). First time I encountered this issue was 9 days ago (July 27, 2020). Last time I used desktop Spotify without this issue was on July 20, 2020.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @SixOClockBoos,

Thanks for reaching out about this and sharing your troubleshooting with the Community.

We are aware of this issue and are currently looking into it. Make sure you add your +Vote to this Ongoing Issue thread. That way you'll get notifications if there are any updates on the matter. It'd also be awesome if you provide us with the info requested in the post 🙂

Hope this helps. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to reach out again.

Have a great day!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @SixOClockBoos,

Thanks for reaching out about this and sharing your troubleshooting with the Community.

We are aware of this issue and are currently looking into it. Make sure you add your +Vote to this Ongoing Issue thread. That way you'll get notifications if there are any updates on the matter. It'd also be awesome if you provide us with the info requested in the post 🙂

Hope this helps. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to reach out again.

Have a great day!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for letting me know about the other thread about it! Did just that.

Your reply is tagged as "a solution".  This isn't a solution. It's an acklowledgment of the problem.

any solution yet? having the same issue..

I have had the same problem now for over a month, but yesterday I managed to solve the problem. These are the steps I have done, but be aware, any "local" songs you have saved, and the settings for the app will be lost.

1, Close Spotify

2 Goto task manager (CTRL+Alt+DELETE) and close down any instances of spotify running.

3 Open file explorer, make sure you have all files showing by going to view, then options then click view tab. In this view make sure show hidden files folders and drives is selected, and then untick hide protected operating system files.

4 Using file explorer, navigate to c drive, then windows, then users.

5 Here, do a search for "spotify" and delete all folders that are associated with spotify.

6, When done, close file explorer, and goto settings then apps, find spotify, and instal it.

7 Restart your pc.

8 Reinstall spotify by downloading from the spotify website "https://www.spotify.com/us/download/other/". DO NOT download the version from the windows store.

9 Run the downloaded small program, which will then install the latest version.

10 Open spotify, and log back in.

11, Remember all the settings will be back to default, so change any of these that you want/need to.

12, I also turned off hardware acceleration.

13, Also remember you will have to download any songs you had again, as these would have been deleted.

Since doing the above I have had no problems so far, but will report any I do have here.

As a matter of interest, when deleting the folders, it deleted more than 6 gigs of files, and I didnt have any songs downloaded!!!!

Also for your information, any updates to the program will not be automatically downloaded, but when updates are available, a blue dot will appear by your login name on the main screen.

Hope this works for anyone who is having these problems.

Rigsby1, This solved it for me perfectly. Thank you.

Man. You are a lifesaver, it did work for me. Appreciate sir.

Suggested posts