Discord does not recognize Spotify

Plan

Premium

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Discord does not recognize Spotify, so I can't use the features associated that connection. How do I make Discord recognize Spotify and thus use the features associated that connection? Thanks in advance.

Here is some addition information:

I have enabled what I think are the necessary settings for Discord to recognize Spotify. The settings I have enabled include:

In the Spotify app:

-Share my listening activity on Spotify

In Discord: 

-Display current running game as a status message

-Display Spotify as your status

I know there were already posts about this topic but the solution to those post don't seem to solve me problem, here is what I already tried:

-Fully reinstalling Spotify

-Fully reinstalling Discord

-Reconnecting my Discord account to Spotify

-Using a different Discord to connect to play Spotify

16 Replies

Hi @Ziqi!

Welcome to the Community! Thanks for sharing with us the steps you've tried so far.

Next up, we suggest that you fully disconnect and then connect the app again following these steps. Additionally, it's well worth removing the Discord app from your account overview. After doing so, could you try connecting both accounts again?

If that doesn't do the trick, would you mind sending a screenshot of what you're seeing from your end?

Let us know how it goes! We'll be on the lookout for your response.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Unfortunately, doing what you suggested did not resolve my problem.

I sent some screenshots as attachments.

Screenshots 1-3 are just screenshots of the settings that I think are relevant.

Screenshot 4 is me adding Spotify as a game.

Screenshot 5 is what the "small version" of my profile looks like after I added Spotify as a game.

Screenshot are sent in a zip format because I can't attach more than 3 items.

Hi again @Ziqi!

Thanks for getting back in touch and sending this info. 

Would you mind trying it with a friend's Spotify account? Keep in mind that the account has to be Premium. If it doesn't work using a different account, we suggest that you try it on another PC. 

Cheers - Keep us posted.

did you figure it out? i'm having the same problem right now and i did everyithing you did

Hey @fayth3,

Thanks for reaching out.

Just to make sure that we're on the same page- did you try all the steps, suggested by @ Elena and @Peter above? If that didn't fix things, could you attach a screenshot of what you see at your end? Just make sure to hide any private or sensitive info.

We'd also appreciate it if try linking your Discord with friend's Spotify account and letting us know if the issue can be replicated. If you have the option to try it out on another device, that would also help the troubleshooting process.

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Mihail Moderator

I'm not sure if this is related to the issue the above user is having, but I am no longer able to "Listen Along" on my Windows system. And I believe I can pinpoint that this started happening when my partner and I switch to a spotify Duo account.

I wonder if discord shipped something that specifically checks for the account to be a "Premium" account. AFAIK, there is no difference, but I could be wrong.

Interestingly enough though, when I use spotify on Linux, I don't have these issues and can listen along with no problems. This makes me believe that Discord shipped some update that broke this feature (as I believe the linux discord build is much older than the one shipped to macos and windows).

Hey @1218712357

Welcome to the Community 🙂

Could you try disconnecting and then connecting your Spotify account to Discord again to check if that makes the difference? You can check this article on how to do so.

If that doesn't do the trick, we recommend contacting Discord support directly here

Let us know how it goes!

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

that still doesnt work for me 😞

Hi there @idktbh11,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know what troubleshooting you've gone trough so far and on what device the Discord - Spotify connection isn't working.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

hi

im on my pc and i`ve tried everything: reinstalled both apps, logged in multiple times,connected spotify to discord, and tried using another discord and spotify account. this problem started 2 days ago, before that it worked perfectly

Hey!

I've been experiencing the same exact problem as @idktbh11 today. It hasn't happened before. I've tried every step that has been in this thread and none of them have worked. Sometimes I manage to get my discord status to show the song I am playing but it stops after one song and disappears. 

So far these are the steps I've done:

Closed Discord and Spotify via task manager

Reinstalled both apps

Logged in and connected Spotify to Discord many times

I have done these steps as well. (Quoting @Ziqi here). ''I have enabled what I think are the necessary settings for Discord to recognize Spotify. The settings I have enabled include:

In the Spotify app:

-Share my listening activity on Spotify

In Discord: 

- Disabled and Enabled Display current running game as a status message

-Display Spotify as your status''.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies and for the info shared.

In this case, we understand you followed some troubleshooting. Can you try reinstalling the app again? A clean (more thorough) reinstall could make a difference. By doing that, the app can be up-to-date and you can make sure the cache is not leading to this inconvenience. You can give it a try by following these steps. Make sure to reconnect the apps as well.

We understand you want to make the best out of your listening experience and we appreciate the time you took to write to us. If this doesn't do the trick, we suggest keeping both apps up-to-date so you don't miss future changes that might fix the inconvenience. 

We'll be here if anything else comes up.

AlejaRModerator

Hey.

Thank you very much for your response. It resolved my problem! I tried to reinstall discord from Microsoft and all of a sudden it works now. Thank you for the help!

Hey @jontuu,

Thanks for your reply 🙂

We really appreciate you keeping us posted about this inconvenience. We’re happy to know you could sort this out. 

We'll be here if anything else comes up.

Take care!

AlejaRModerator

Hi,

for some reason it just works now even tho I didn’t do anything, I just waited. 
But still thank you!

Hey @idktbh11,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

Awesome! We're really glad everything is working as it should.

Folks, can you confirm, do the rest of you notice any difference or does it still happen the same with your status? It'd be really helpful if you shared with us any recent changes, if any, you’ve seen. 

We'll keep an eye on your responses!

AlejaRModerator

Suggested posts