Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. We'll keep you updated on that thread.

Discord not displaying Spotify as status

Solved!
Highlighted

Discord not displaying Spotify as status

Casual Listener

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Destop PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I've linked my Spotify account to Discord to display it as my Discord status. However, to no success, has it displayed that I'm listening to Spotify. 

I've uninstalled and reinstalled both programs. Try disconnecting and reconnecting the accounts. Still nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Discord not displaying Spotify as status

Casual Listener

I figured it out!

You apparently have to enable Spotify under Game Activity (after you've connected the accounts and all that normal jazz). 

So, if it isn't listed under 'Added Games', its not going to show up as your Discord status. Not sure if this will help anyone else out who may be reading this topic, but...to add Spotify click the cog in the lower left, go to Game Activity, click Add It! under the section that says "no game activity detected", type in Spotify and click the first option. Then if you are so inclined, enable or disable the overlay and make sure the "Display currently running game..." is enabled. Remove any games you don't wish to show as your status. 

View solution in original post

21 Replies
Highlighted

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17

Hey @Eleven54 

I'd suggest trying out this:
1. Open Discord settings through the cog in the bottom left of the application
2. Click User Settings > Connections and select the Spotify logo
3. Click Login to Spotify and allow access for your account’s connection to Discord
4. Once connected, you'll see a confirmation in the browser and in the Connections tab of Discord Settings.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastyRock Star 17
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Unfortunately, this did not work. I appreciate the suggestion though.

Highlighted

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17

@Eleven54 

In this case I'd suggest disconnecting Spotify in Discord and going to your Spotify account's Apps section and revoking access for the Discord app.

Then you can retry connecting Spotify and Discord as above.

Let me know how you get on! 🙂

SebastyRock Star 17
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Unfortunately, I have tried this as well. I'm not sure why its such an issue for it to display. Seems to work for everyone else. 

Highlighted
Solution!

Casual Listener

I figured it out!

You apparently have to enable Spotify under Game Activity (after you've connected the accounts and all that normal jazz). 

So, if it isn't listed under 'Added Games', its not going to show up as your Discord status. Not sure if this will help anyone else out who may be reading this topic, but...to add Spotify click the cog in the lower left, go to Game Activity, click Add It! under the section that says "no game activity detected", type in Spotify and click the first option. Then if you are so inclined, enable or disable the overlay and make sure the "Display currently running game..." is enabled. Remove any games you don't wish to show as your status. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17

@Eleven54 

Awesome! I'm glad you got to the bottom of this. 🙂

Enjoy your day!

SebastyRock Star 17
Highlighted

Hi! I also had problems with the same situation. It took me more than two days to figure this out but I've made a fix for this, however it does take about 5-10 min. to fix the probem (As far as I can tell, it's a temporary fix.) meaning that each time your computer/ applications update it *MAY* break the applications again. In which you'll just have to reference this post again. I've tried this fix multiple times and it works. Good Luck!

Cheers, 

AreyoTM

1. Unlink your Spotify profile from Discord
2. Log out of Discord
2.5 Log out of Spotify
3. Go to Spotify.com
4. Login
5. Go to Apps
6. Click Remove Profile
7. Go to the start button at the bottom left
8. Type in %AppData% remove the Spotify & Discord folders
9. Type in %LocalAppData% also delete the Spotify and Discord folders
Uninstall Both Spotify & Discord applications/lauchers from the computer & and your downloads folders as well.
9.5. If you have CCleaner run that to remove any sort of broken api’s that’s still in your computer
10. Remove any Spotify and Discord download launchers from the “Downloads” folder
11. Restart the Computer
12. Turn off all of your Adblock, Firewall for the time being while you reinstall Discord and Spotify (Run both launchers as administrator) (Always turn it back on once you're finished!)
13. Log into both of the Applications
14. Find Discord and login and navigate to the connections tab Click the cog wheel>Usersettings>Connections
15. Link Spotify (it should prompt you with a message to make sure you want to link your Spotify to Discord click accept)
16. Play something! It should work now!
Highlighted

Casual Listener

No, this doesn't work. It may show that the Spotify app is running, but it doesn't show any song info and other premium users aren't able to listen in.

Edit: If you've blocked ads on Spotify via your hosts file, you'll need to remove the blocks to allow Spotify and Discord to talk to one another correctly. This is how I got mine to work.

It's found here: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts

Highlighted

Casual Listener

test with spotify web player, play some songs and check your status on discord. if it does show up , revert back to the windows spotify app.

SUGGESTED POSTS