Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discover Weekly - Dislike Button

Discover Weekly - Dislike Button

Plan

Premium

Country

UK 

Device

iPhone / PC

Operating System

(iOS 10, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I use the Dislike button quite often when playing my Discover Weekly but within the last few weeks it still plays the 'Disliked' songs. They are greyed out in the list but the system still plays them when playing each song in order on the playlist

3 Replies

Hey @wainysweak, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. We'll do our best to help. 

Does the issue persist if you log out and back into your device a few times? Also, does this issue persist on a different device?

Let us know how it goes.

Hi

I have logged in and out twice and it still happens. Also, it happens on both the Windows app and on iOS

Thanks

Hey @wainysweak.

Thanks for your patience.

If the issue still persists, could you try a quick reinstallation? You can find instructions on how to do this here.

If that doesn't help, could you ask a friend or family member with a Spotify account to see if they experience the same issue when using one of your devices? If their dislike button works, you could concider creating a new account with us. Don't worry, you can visit your old profile with your new account to find all the songs you have in your playlists. 

Note: It’s not possible to have two accounts with the same email address. If you’d like to keep the email address associated with your old account, you first need to close the old account. You'll have 7 days to visit your old account to see your playlists by using the following string in the search bar:

spotify:user:username

Don't forget to make the playlists you want to take with you public, in case they are private.

It might seem like a lot of work but it's pretty easy 🙂 Let us know if you need further help.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts