Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Dropdown menu displaying username instead of profile name

Solved!

Dropdown menu displaying username instead of profile name

My Question or Issue

The dropdown menu in the upper right corner of the application is showing the randomly generated username instead of the customizable profile name.

I'm not sure if that's just because it couldn't fetch the profile name, but seeing a random alphanumeric string of nonsense seems odd.

idk

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10 Home Build 17763

Spotify Version

1.1.30.658.gf13cde74

Plan

Premium+Hulu

Country

USA

Annotation 2020-04-10 111651.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @RoyalSlothKing,

thanks for reaching out !

This generated username is created to all Spotify users for security reasons.

Sometimes, it may appear on your account which can be solved by logging out and back it to shake things up.

It may also appear while to the users searching your profile on Spotify the original display name would appear - you can mention your username here so i can look it up.

However, if your account is connected to your Facebook account, you can take a look here just to be on the safe side.

Hope this helps 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi there @RoyalSlothKing,

thanks for reaching out !

This generated username is created to all Spotify users for security reasons.

Sometimes, it may appear on your account which can be solved by logging out and back it to shake things up.

It may also appear while to the users searching your profile on Spotify the original display name would appear - you can mention your username here so i can look it up.

However, if your account is connected to your Facebook account, you can take a look here just to be on the safe side.

Hope this helps 🙂

Suggested posts