Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • alexjamesbutler
  • 44 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 44 replies
  • 16 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • vadfasfd
  • Casual Listener
  • 234 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 234 replies
  • 19 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes

My friends can't see my spotify activity

"Publish my activity" is on and private session is off but my friends still can't see what I'm listening to. Is there anything I can do or does it have something to do with the update?

• Visitor
  • "Publish my activity" is on and private session is off but my friends still can't see what I'm listening to. Is there anything I can do or does it have something to do with the update?
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify inbox

Why is the inbox of spotify gone? You could send numbers to each other and send messages. I miss it.

• Visitor
  • Why is the inbox of spotify gone? You could send numbers to each other and send messages. I miss it.
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist names no longer clickable!

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceVarious PCsOperating SystemWindows 7, 10 My Question or IssueArtist names the desktop homebage appear to be broken. They are no longer clickable links. This happens on Windows 7 and 10. Just thought I'd share. Hope this get...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Various PCs Operating System Windows 7, 10   My Question or Issue Artist names the desktop homebage appear to be broken.  They are no longer clicka...
  • jacobsturm
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • bug
    Glitch
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Cant listen Music on Desktop Client but im able on Smartphone

PlanPremium (Family)CountryGermanyDevicePC & SmartphoneOperating SystemWin 10 1903 / Android 9 My Question or IssueI can't listen to the following title via the desktop client of Spotify:Kaan, Snoop Dogg, Eleni Foureira - Sirens - Radio EditIt's gray...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium (Family) Country Germany Device PC & Smartphone Operating System Win 10 1903 / Android 9   My Question or Issue I can't listen to the following title via the desktop c...
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

play/pause/forward and backward buttons not working

PlanPremiumCountrycanadaDevicehp pavilion x2 10Operating Systemwindows 10 My Question or Issuerecently my play pause fast forward and rewind buttons built into my keyboard have stopped working. im not sure why they work on everything else

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country canada Device hp pavilion x2 10 Operating System windows 10   My Question or Issue recently my play pause fast forward and rewind buttons built into my keyboard ha...
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Failed To Open Error (1304)

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceWindows 10 Installer & Windows 10 appOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo basically when I try to open the spotify app I get that error. No idea how I got it or what's causing it. I'm willing to try anything. Th...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Windows 10 Installer & Windows 10 app Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So basically when I try to open the spotify app I get that e...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify unable to start

PlanFreeCountrySingapore DeviceWindowsOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSpotify blank screen. have tried uninstalling and re-installing and still it doesnt work. error

image.png
  • Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Singapore   Device Windows Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Spotify blank screen. have tried uninstalling and re-installing and still it doesn...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do i add local songs to an album

PlanPremiumCountryswedenDevice(PC, iPhone 8+)Operating System(iOS 13, windows 10) My Question or IssueThere's an album with a couple of the songs taken out and i was wondering if i could add them back in through local files?

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country sweden Device (PC, iPhone 8+) Operating System (iOS 13, windows 10)   My Question or Issue There's an album with a couple of the songs taken out and i was ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Remove the BIG annoying New Playlist button and status bar please

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSuddenly the Playlist has less space. The button "New Playlist" is not used enough to justify this size or placement. Kind regards, Geir

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Norway Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Suddenly the Playlist has less space.  The button "New Playlist" is not used enough to justify this si...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Play local files from desktop using phone or smartwatch.

PlanFreeCountry DeviceGalaxy Note 9/Galaxy Active 2Operating SystemAndroid/Tizen My Question or IssueCan I play my local files from PC using my phone and or smart watch while I'm not on same Wifi and without storing them locally to either device? I w...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country   Device Galaxy Note 9/Galaxy Active 2 Operating System Android/Tizen   My Question or Issue Can I play my local files from PC using my phone and or smart watch ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Banner Ads Cover Playlist

PlanFreeCountry USDeviceLenovo ThinkPad SL510Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Bottom banner ad covers last couple songs of playlist

Capture.PNG
  • Plan Free Country  US Device Lenovo ThinkPad SL510 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Bottom banner ad covers last couple songs of playlist  
  • Crazychemist
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify cannot play song and then skips all songs... (with a workaround)

PlanPremiumCountry DevicePCOperating SystemWindows My Question or IssueI had the dread Spotify can't play issue where it would attempt to play and then skip the song after 2~ seconds.. and then skip every other song...I had this sporadically, and a a...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country   Device PC Operating System Windows    My Question or Issue I had the dread Spotify can't play issue where it would attempt to play and then skip the so...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant see saved songs under artists on mobile

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDeviceAny that ive triedOperating SystemAny My Question or Issue When I go to the "My Library" tab and go to the "artists" tab, half of the artists that i follow, they appear, but when I open them the music that i have...

•   Plan Premium Country  United States Device Any that ive tried Operating System Any    My Question or Issue  When I go to the "My Library" tab and go to the "arti...
  • bagoo
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

I have to reinstall Spotify everytime the PC turns on

Hello, so basicly what's happening to me is,If i don't do a fresh reinstall to spotify everytime i start the pc, any song that hasn't yet been loaded, for example, songs that aren't in my favorite songs, have "never" heard, etc, won't load. I have to...

2019-02-11 20_49_27-Window.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Hello, so basicly what's happening to me is, If i don't do a fresh reinstall to spotify everytime i start the pc, any song that hasn't yet been loaded, for example, songs that aren't in my favo...
  • moonwatcher2001
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify cant reproduce any song on client app

PlanPremiumCountrySpain DeviceWindowsOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI cant reproduce any song in the client app (Spotify works fine in web player or android with the same acc) When I click on "Play" the song dont start and it continua...

• Plan Premium Country Spain  Device Windows Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I cant reproduce any song in the client app (Spotify works fine in web player or andr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Commercials during podcasts despite premium account

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceHonor View 10Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueHey guys, don´t know if anyone has experienced this over the last days, but despite the fact that I have a premium account (and pay to play content add-free) ther...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Honor View 10 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Hey guys, don´t know if anyone has experienced this over the last days, but despite th...
  • DaWin
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Other
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Liked Songs are playing out of order, when sorted by title

Hello there, good evening.It's been a few days since I noticed my software is not playing my songs in correct order anymore. Every time I try to play them sorted by title, the program simply jumps to other songs randomly after 2 or 3 songs, and it al...

• Visitor
  • Hello there, good evening. It's been a few days since I noticed my software is not playing my songs in correct order anymore. Every time I try to play them sorted by title, the program simply ju...
  • LulaSvob
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Entire Spotify Library missing (except for 5 albums)

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 7, PCOperating Systemlatest iOS, Windows 10 My Question or IssueHi everyone - I migrated from Groove to Spotify and it worked great. 500+ albums and 10 playlists matched and showed up in Spotify across all platforms....

• Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 7, PC Operating System latest iOS, Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi everyone - I migrated from Groove to Spotify and it worked great.  &...
  • FabioFaria
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with large playlists/song libraries

My Question or IssueI realize that this is somewhat of an issue of how I approach using spotify, but this has somewhat caused me some nuisance. I currently have a pretty large playlist (~3K songs and growing). I usually Like new songs and add them to...

• My Question or Issue I realize that this is somewhat of an issue of how I approach using spotify, but this has somewhat caused me some nuisance. I currently have a pretty large playlist (~3K songs a...
  • victoriousecret
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Bug Windows
    Desktop
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

[Windows] The Playlist Förfest! have the wrong songs.

The Playlist Förfest! have the wrong songs. If I click on one song, let's say Darin - Hög. It gives me a completley other song. (Wahlstedt, Vanillaz - Time to Shine)It's the same with all the other songs in that playlist. PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDevi...

• The Playlist Förfest! have the wrong songs. If I click on one song, let's say Darin - Hög. It gives me a completley other song. (Wahlstedt, Vanillaz - Time to Shine) It's the same with all the other...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes