Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • darkyoda1138
  • Regular
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Customer order of tracks on a playlist

Hi All,I'm using the Android app and the Windows Desktop App and I cannot see a way to set a customer order for the tracks on my playlist (other than adding them to the play list in the right sequence). I've looked through this forum and they all see...

• Hi All, I'm using the Android app and the Windows Desktop App and I cannot see a way to set a customer order for the tracks on my playlist (other than adding them to the play list in the right seque...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to Dislike an Artist

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI can't find any option to stop an artist from playing?This is a deal breaker for me I don't want to accidentally have Dire Straights or Pet Shop Boys come on, that is sure to...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I can't find any option to stop an artist from playing? This is a deal breaker for me I don't want...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Local files not downloaded

I selected part of my local files and placed them in playlist but when I toggled the download button off everything grayed out. Now when I turn it on it's stuck on waiting. Still playable in the local files tab though. I tried copying some songs (fro...

Capture.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • I selected part of my local files and placed them in playlist but when I toggled the download button off everything grayed out. Now when I turn it on it's stuck on waiting. Still playable in the loca...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Spotify DEAD on Windows 10?

I have linked the issue since I'm not good at describing things. This happens on any system running Spotify. It does this on 100% of Windows 10 PC's. It has done this on an HP Omen, my custom deskop (running Windows 10 Pro rather than home) and my ne...

• Casual Listener
  •  I have linked the issue since I'm not good at describing things. This happens on any system running Spotify. It does this on 100% of Windows 10 PC's. It has done this on an HP Omen, my custom d...
  • _austinshelton_
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Freeze when using on desktop

Hello Community, i have a premium account in France. I Use spotify with my desktop (windows10) or my mobile.When i'm using spotify on my desktop, it freeze in a random way, sometimes 3 minutes after i opened it, sometimes 1 hour after....I've notice ...

• Visitor
  • Hello Community,   i have a premium account in France. I Use spotify with my desktop (windows10) or my mobile. When i'm using spotify on my desktop, it freeze in a random way, sometimes 3 min...
  • Arikabeth
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't play music, all playlists empty

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueFollowed all troubleshooting steps, including full uninstall (as far as I could tell...) and signing in with a different account. Songs do not play at all, and all playlists a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Followed all troubleshooting steps, including full uninstall (as far as I could tell...) and signing in wi...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

After I open the app, no artists show in the Artist tab.

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDeviceDell LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAfter I startup my computer, Spotify is the first app I open unless otherwise. So after I'd open the app, and it loads the Home tab, I'd check the Artist tab ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Free Country United States Device Dell Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue After I startup my computer, Spotify is the first app I open unless otherwise. So ...
  • INVAiZN
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Installing as user, but uninstalling you need to be admin?

PlanBothCountrySweden DeviceHP laptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have a company provided computer which means i am not admin. To install Spotify you don't have to be admin. So downloaded and installed it.After running the softwar...

• Visitor
  • Plan Both Country Sweden   Device HP laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have a company provided computer which means i am not admin. To install Spotify y...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

We can't play this until you allow this artist in the Spotify phone app

I can not play some songs from the Windows 10 Spotify program nor my Android LG G4 phone. I used to be able to play Thunder (by Imagine Dragons) and Renegades (by X Ambassadors). However, they will not play at all. Others in my family do not have pro...

• Visitor
  • I can not play some songs from the Windows 10 Spotify program nor my Android LG G4 phone. I used to be able to play Thunder (by Imagine Dragons) and Renegades (by X Ambassadors). However, they will n...
  • mxmu
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

desktop app keeps jumping back to start screen

my desktop app won't let me off the launch screen for more than a second. whether i'm trying to view a previously created playlist, browse a new artist, or view a radio station, it jumps me right back to the lauch screen after it displays the screen ...

• Casual Listener
  • my desktop app won't let me off the launch screen for more than a second.  whether i'm trying to view a previously created playlist, browse a new artist, or view a radio station, it jumps me rig...
  • Toterman
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Internet connection

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceLenovo Yoga X1Operating SystemWindows 10Desktop app says I have no internet connection when I actually do (because I'm using the connection to file this message). Error code: 4 My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Lenovo Yoga X1 Operating System Windows 10 Desktop app says I have no internet connection when I actually do (because I'm using the connection to file this mes...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs autoplaying

I am using the app on Windows.When I have a song paused and go back to doing whatever, the app involuntarily plays the song. I pause again, it plays. Spotify is not open on any other devices so it can't be a connect issue.I have tried restarting the ...

• Visitor
  • I am using the app on Windows. When I have a song paused and go back to doing whatever, the app involuntarily plays the song. I pause again, it plays. Spotify is not open on any other devices so it ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No internet connection detected error code 4 in Windows 7

Yesterday, I updated my Spotify app on Windows 7, and since then, I am getting this error. I have restarted my PC, reinstalled the app multiple times, cleared cache, tried changing the proxy settings, checked if my country is the right one on the web...

• Casual Listener
  • Yesterday, I updated my Spotify app on Windows 7, and since then, I am getting this error. I have restarted my PC, reinstalled the app multiple times, cleared cache, tried changing the proxy settings...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

How To Turn Off Automatic Download on Desktop

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceDesktop-PCOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueHey there!I've had this issue for a while now which has stopped me from using Spotify on my PC at all. The issue is that I can't open Spotify without the applicati...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device Desktop-PC Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue Hey there! I've had this issue for a while now which has stopped me from using Spotify...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to uninstall spotify completely

How to uninstall spotify completely? I mean no traces in folders, registry etc. I'm using Windows 10 Home. I need to know how to remove my account too. My Firewall showing tons of connections with some servers when I run Spotify. I don't trust you an...

• Regular
  • How to uninstall spotify completely? I mean no traces in folders, registry etc. I'm using Windows 10 Home. I need to know how to remove my account too. My Firewall showing tons of connections with so...
  • yfitops
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why my computer freezes when I close spotify?

Never had this problem beforeI tried ctrl alt delete it didn't work. I had to restart it.My hard drive was being a slowpoke had to wait.

• Gig Goer
  • Never had this problem before I tried ctrl alt delete it didn't work. I had to restart it. My hard drive was being a slowpoke had to wait.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Download songs/albums only on one device

PlanPremiumCountryGreeceDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello, Is there an option that the downloaded songs & albums can be stored in only one device?I have downloaded some in my Android phone, where I need them, but I just...

• Visitor
  •     Plan Premium Country Greece Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello,  Is there an option that the downloaded songs & albums can...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Question 'Your Top Songs' Auto-Generated Playlists

DetailsPlan: PremiumCountry: NetherlandsOperating System: Windows 10 My Question or IssueDoes playing music offline count towards the total plays which decide which songs are put on the playlist each year?What counts as a play; is it just clicking on...

• Regular
  • Details Plan: Premium Country: Netherlands Operating System: Windows 10   My Question or Issue Does playing music offline count towards the total plays which decide wh...
  • Dainank
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • algorithm
    your top songs
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Viewing Folders as Public

Plan - PremiumCountry - USDevice - PCOperating System - Win10 x64 My Question or Issue: Are playlist folders meant to be visible when viewing the profile of a user that utilizes them?I started sorting my playlists into folders and sub-folders recentl...

• ...iew the "Public Playlists" tab under my public profile, or use the Web Player, all playlists are listed individually as if the folder system is gone. I may have a humble 11 followers, but to them my p...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 11 likes

Can't Play Any Song

I tried to play a playlist by transferring it from my mobile device to desktop and since then I cannot play any music on desktop. I have just turned on my pc thus I don't think it's a restart issue. I have already closed and reopened the app on the d...

• Casual Listener
  • I tried to play a playlist by transferring it from my mobile device to desktop and since then I cannot play any music on desktop. I have just turned on my pc thus I don't think it's a restart issue. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes