Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Duplicate and badly sorted favorite albums

Solved!

Duplicate and badly sorted favorite albums

Hi all, I’ve got some issues with my Albums library on a few of the first albums I had marked as favorites. Please check here the video capture I’ve made (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TvrlLM6FOp87h8yVHaAOLiBOYdZoNy1B/view?usp=sharing😞

1. On sort by artist or title, these albums (Daughters, Fiona Apple, Run the Jewels) are sorted before all the rest
  2. When I scroll down the list, some of these albums will get duplicated. Occasionally (I haven’t captured it), the scroll will also glitch and instantly come back all the way up

I’ve tried to un-favorite - re-favorite these albums with no success. Logging out and back had no effect too.

It’s not that big of an issue, but it’s kind of very annoying.

Regarding technical information, I'm on Spotify Duo Premium, in France. The software runs on Windows 10, and is the version downloadable from the website (not from the MS Store).

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @damleg

Help’s here!

Based on what can be seen in the video you sent us we recommend running a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your PC. This will remove any corrupted files from previous installations that might be causing the issue. 

If this persists, check if your hosts file contains entries that need to be removed. Check out this help page on how to do that. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @damleg

Help’s here!

Based on what can be seen in the video you sent us we recommend running a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your PC. This will remove any corrupted files from previous installations that might be causing the issue. 

If this persists, check if your hosts file contains entries that need to be removed. Check out this help page on how to do that. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

Suggested posts