Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error Code: auth:3

Error Code: auth:3

Okay, so i am on Windows and for AGES i have been trying to listen to spotify but i can't because of error code: auth:3. I know there is one going threads but NONE of those help

auth3.PNG
16 Replies

Hi there @Voiz,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

It's important to mention that in order for post with such nature to get the relevant attention they should be posted under "Desktop(Windows)" in the help boards sections.

Next time if you're unsure, you can read the community guidelines just to be on the safe side.

Regarding the issue you're experiencing, please let me know which type of network connection you have in use and what happens when you run the app on a different WiFi / device or using other platforms of the app like the web player.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Waiting on your update 🙂

So in internet connection does that mean the name of it. Like the host.

Also sorry for typing in wrong place.

Hi @Voiz,

all good, no worries !

I would like to know which type of connection you're using.

WiFi, LAN, is it your home modem, school or other institution internet ?

In addition, let me know about the questions from my first post.

What happens when you use your Spotify account on other connection / platforms / devices.

Thanks 🙂

I use home WIFI. And yes my house is modern (if you mean that)

Also on other platforms it works perfectly fine, Its just since i accidently uninstalled spotify and now i re-installed it, and all i get is Error code: auth:3

Hi @Voiz,

thanks for your quick answer !

Let's start off by performing a clean reinstall of the app (a bit different) following the steps provided here.

Follow the relevant steps under "Windows" and it will end up guiding you to install the Microsoft version app.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Do i need to uninstall spotify? 

[edit]
Sorry i said that before i read the link you gave me

Okay so there is a problem,
On my PC I can't install apps, all it says is acquiring license for like 30 mins and did nothing.

Hi @Voiz,

thanks for keeping me posted !

What do you mean by issue with licensing ? 

Have you manged to reinstall through Microsoft and solve the issue ?

Waiting on your update 🙂

No i have not fixed the issue, i can't download apps from the Microsoft store, i will show you an image below 

oof.PNG

Hi @Voiz

thanks for the screenshot !

Unfortunately, i can't help out when it comes to licensing of something other than Spotify.

Let me know how it goes after you sort it out 🙂

Okay i will contact Microsoft and get back to you once / if i get it fixed. 

Kind Regards, 

Voiz

Hi @Voiz,

Great.

Let me know how it goes.

Good luck 🙂

I found a solution that solved my problem.

1 : Close Spotify

2 : Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc 

3 : Right click on the file "hosts" and "Open with..." and then click on the Notepad.

4 : deleted removes the parts quoting the word "spotify" and "ads". (Look at the "spotify.png" file if you don't understand what I mean.).

5 : Launch Spotify and reconnect

spotify.png

Nope it doesn't work, looks like i am never gonna get spotify back because with the windows issue its to do with my PC so i would have to pay about £150 to get it fixed 😞

This worked for me!!!! Thanks so much. All I had to do was move the file to my desktop and remove anything that mentioned Spotify from it, save it, and move it back to where it was. Thanks again! I've had this problem for over a year lol.

Suggested posts