Premium Duo

Country

South Africa

Device

Laptop

Operating System

Windows

My Question or Issue

I cannot log into my Desktop app. It gives an Error code: accesspoint:39 error. I have tried all of the following:

• Uninstalled and reinstalled spotify app
  • Changed country in spotify account
  • Changed proxy settings to no proxy in spotify app
  • Allowed spotify access on Windows firewall
  • Have tried logging out of all devices and logging back in
  • Have tried using different networks and internet connections

None of it has worked.

Please help.

7 Replies

Hey there @jacophilipvanwy,

Welcome to the Community!

There might be a few reasons for getting this error message when trying to log in. We recommend you try the following:

• Remove all entries from the Windows hosts file (not just the Spotify ones)
  • Uninstall any ad-blocker apps
  • Run Windows in Safe Mode with Networking - if the app works with no issues there, we'd suggest adjusting different network settings and uninstalling any software that might be conflicting with Spotify's connectivity
  • Try restarting your computer in Safe mode with Networking enabled (usually accessible by pressing F8 during boot-up) and try deleting all files containing Spotify again from there before downloading and installing Spotify from the Windows Apps store
  • If possible, try connecting your desktop to the internet via a mobile hot spot. Should the app work through it, consult with your router's manufacturer
  • If you're on a non-personal device or network (student laptop, student network, corporate laptop, corporate network) get in touch with the administrator for more help

If none of the above helps, send us a screenshot displaying the error message you get. Just attach the image to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor. This way we can take a closer look at the issue. 

Hope this helps. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to reach out again. 

Capture.JPG

Unfortunately none of the suggestions worked.

Hey there @jacophilipvanwy,

Thanks for reaching out again.

We have another suggestion. Try logging in your account page and changing your Country settings. If you've recently been abroad, make sure you select the country you are currently in. If that's already the case, try switching back to the last country you've been to. 

Keep us in the loop. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Have a great day!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I'm also, did you solve it?

Hey @2049,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you tell us what troubleshooting you've done so far, so that we can recommend more relevant next steps 🙂

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Having same issues...any word on a fix for this?

Hey @Peterjeter929,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

To make sure we're on the same page, could you confirm if you already tried the troubleshooting steps previously mentioned by @Ivan to avoid repeating processes?

If so, and the issue persists; we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful in getting rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

Lastly, to keep investigating this case; include in your next response the Make, model and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running.

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts