Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Extremly loud ads

Extremly loud ads

Is Spotify trying ot burst peoples  eardrums or what? iv'e been getting an ad that is like 3-5 time louder then the music, the first time i heard it i paniced and threw my headset off.

Norway, KLM advertisement.

5 Replies

Hey @Arcona 

Thank you for coming to the Community! 🙂

I need some more information to get to the bottom of this:

1. Your device and OS
2. Your Spotify version (find it by clicking menu dots - Help - About Spotify)
3. Name and description of the ad
4. Approximate date and time when you saw the ad.

Looking forward to your reply!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Klm flight commercial 

Android, windows 10, xbox one (all the same loud ads)

Dear Spotify,

I have been using your service for a while now and i love it (but I am not able to pay for premium at this moment) and recently you have been hurting my ears with your commercials which for some reason get played louder then how I have put the music on my phone and my headphones. This leads to pain and possibly to hearing loss.

Why would you play commercials on louder level if you know that a lot of people listen to music on headphones and you don't know how loud the music is playing already? 
Did I sign my right away when accepting your terms or are you going to pay for my hearing aids that I will need if I continue using your free service.

And by the way this is not the first time that Spotify has increased the volume of the commercials. But I have only noticed a few months back.

Since I am not able to post to your wall and get a direct reaction I hope my good friends will share this to get your attention.

I will not try to get the ringing out of my ears from the last screaming I received on how SPOTIFY PREMIUM IS SOOOOOO much better, cause it doesn't give you Tinnitus and hearing damage.

Kind regards 
One of your millions of seemingly unimportant clients

Im in the Netherlands if that matters. But i know in germany its the same thing.

Hey @JulianFilz.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

Do you mind posting the relevant information in this thread? We'll then go ahead and pass it on to the right people.

Thanks!

Suggested posts