Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Facebook problems/ Billing twice

Facebook problems/ Billing twice

Hi,

I recently synced my Spotify account with my Facebook account, but instead of simply connecting the two it seems as though it's created an entirely new Spotify account for me, so what I now have is one account which is the original, is on my phone and has all of my playlists, and one which is only linked to Facebook and nothing else. This it did without me noticing at first.

This became a pain in the bum when recently I tried to sign up for Premium again (to change the billing date - this really is something Spotify should look at). I was signed into this new account (the one linked to Facebook) without realising that there were now two accounts, signed up and gave my billing information, only to not start receiving the benifits of Premium on my phone. I then re-signed in, this time using my Spotify details instead of just clicking on the 'Log In through Facebook' button, found no subscription informaton there so figured that I must have cancelled instead of saving my billing details. I filled it all in again, and started to get Premium straight away on my phone.

I didn't realise anything was wrong until I received two emails to two different email addresses - one which I use for Spotify, and the other which is set up for Facebook, both confirming my subscription. At this point I checked into it and found that I was indeed down to be billed twice. I logged in to the second account (the Facebook one) and have hopefully cancelled the extra subscription.

What I need is for this second account to be deactivated, as it's pointless and appears to be blocking me from connecting my real account with Facebook, and also to make certain that I'm not going to be billed twice!

What do I do?

Thanks,

Danny

1 Reply

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be able to lend a hand to get the subscription moved over and the extra account closed. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts