Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Fade In/Fade Out Annoying!

Fade In/Fade Out Annoying!

Running Spotify Premium desktop on Win7 - what's with the noticable fade in/fade out on tracks?

It's very noticable, often if a track starts immediatley the first few notes are completley missed off!

21 Replies

I agree!

Edit - Preferences - Disable crossfade.

Bearing in mind the original post was two weeks ago, it's impossible for cross fading to be causing this issue... It was only released 2 days ago!!

You might find that as the spotify library is reencoded for gapless playback, some of the fading in out might get sorted. Hopefully.
--
First was the record, then the cassette, the CD, then came along Spotify... that really did change everything!

In that case is it a problem with specific tracks? I haven't noticed it at all as far as I'm aware.
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

It must be specific tracks... I've not noticed it myself either.

But certainly not a cross fade related problem.
--
First was the record, then the cassette, the CD, then came along Spotify... that really did change everything!

I have the same problem - music fading in and out. I notice it when I use headset on my laptop - it is very anoying. It is not related to any particular song, it is on all songs I have been listen too... Windows 7, spotify premium. Any advice how to solve this problem?

@arneja wrote:

I have the same problem - music fading in and out. I notice it when I use headset on my laptop - it is very anoying. It is not related to any particular song, it is on all songs I have been listen too... Windows 7, spotify premium. Any advice how to solve this problem?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Do you get this on all tracks or just a few? 

Make sure crossfade is disabled in your settings if it is always happening.

Also, Spotify don't edit any content they get from record labels, it is provided "as is" so if it was provided to Spotify (or recorded) with a fade then the track will always fade (independent of the crossfade function). 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Same here! Noticed it recently with over/in-ear headphones.  Crossfade option is not even checked. I don't remember having a problem like this earlier this year or last year.

Hey 🙂

What operating system and Spotify version are you using (Help/Spotify > About)?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

True, I also just started using the desktop application and there's always a short fade in and fade out, no matter the settings in preferences. Fix that, please!

same problem, i don't have crossfade enabled.

The fade in/out completely destroys the flow of DJ mixes!

I have this exact same problem.  Happens on all tracks in the middle of the track at random points. Crossfade is off. No Beats audio headphones or effects on the laptop...

I've had the same problem.   I went into preferences and unchecked the box that said, "Make all tracks the same volume" and for now that seems to have fixed the problem.  Hope that helps.

David

I'm still experiencing this horrible issue no matter what platform I use. I have an Android Phone on Lollipop, iPad 4 on iOS 8, and I use the app on Windows 8.1. I do not have crossfade on or any equalizes. I'm in the latest version of Spotify on all platforms.

I've signed up for that 3 month deal and am eager to extend it but this volume issue is honestly a dealbreaker. Seems like this issue has been going on for over a year and it's still not resolved...

I'm also experiencing this. All music will fade out for a few seconds then fade back in loudly. Normal equalizers, no crossfading enabled, all basic settings. It's very annoying when I would like to listen to music in my car then it fades in loudly and blows me out of the windows. Any help would be appreciated. I'm using the free trial of premium. I really like Spotify but I don't know if I can take much more of this fading.

Seriously though, I have the same exact problem and it's so stupid it does mess up the flow. It seems like a treble and bass problem because, when a heavy hook drops or the instrumental gets busy, it fades. Once the instrumental calms the volume gets dumb loud again. I tried everything like everyone else and it's so f'n annoying! It even happened in the free trial version...I was a fool to think it would cease by being a certified member. I think we all deserve quality.

I got it yo! I have android but I'm sure it can work for you too..on your phone sound settings turn your tube amp on and you might have to turn the surround sound feature off at the same time. Hope that works.

I'm experiencing this too (fading in and out at random in the middle of tracks)... on a nice new MacBook PRo... can it be something to do with listenning via a bluetooth speaker... really anoying...

Suggested posts