Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Follow

Solved!

Follow

When I search an artist and go to their main page there is nowhere to "follow" them the green button that used to say that just says "play." So do I need to click "save artist to library" in order to follow the artist because that is the only way I know to see them in that status?

Also, what does it do to follow an artist? Does it influence recommendations or does it give me upates? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there,

In the mobile app, the button "Follow" should be there.

If you're using the Desktop app, then you need to click the "heart" (or indeed "Save to your Library").

Following an artist will should normally give you notifications of the artists' actions (like new music), will most probably also have their latest music in your "Release Radar" and you should also receive mails once in a while including the newest releases of that artist, I believe.

So, basically - following artists is a good thing if you're a fan of course :).

Hope this aswers your question.

Grts,

^R

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there,

In the mobile app, the button "Follow" should be there.

If you're using the Desktop app, then you need to click the "heart" (or indeed "Save to your Library").

Following an artist will should normally give you notifications of the artists' actions (like new music), will most probably also have their latest music in your "Release Radar" and you should also receive mails once in a while including the newest releases of that artist, I believe.

So, basically - following artists is a good thing if you're a fan of course :).

Hope this aswers your question.

Grts,

^R

Thank you! So "heart" and "save to library" do the same thing on desktop? 

On mobile I don't see follow I see "shuffle play" when I select an artist. There is the heart. I have the free version.

I'm guessing follow also tells the algorithm that I especially like that band's type of music and to give me more like that.

Hi so is there a way to get the 'Follow' option without clicking the heart button and saving it to the library?  I want to follow a playlist but not the creator or save it to my library.  Just follow or 'like'.   Thanks.

Hi Jo,

The "heart" icon IS following the artist. That's the only way 🙂
For a playlist, you should see a "follow" button. If you follow a playlist, you will ONLY follow the playlist and not the curator of the playlist.

For an artist, the "heart" is basically "like/follow".

Grts,

^R

Suggested posts