Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Friend Activity is truncated

Friend Activity is truncated

The "Friend Activity" tab in the desktop app for Spotify is currently only displaying three of my ten friends, with the oldest activity being 8 hours. I was previously able to see the activity of all my friends within the last week or so, but it is now almost empty with a "Find Friends" button at the bottom of the only three users it is displaying.

I'm assuming this is a bug and not intended, as a change like this would be beyond incomprehensibly bad.

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

4 Replies

Non of my friends even show up 

Hi there @Jwinco123 and @Muhammadrios38,

Thank you for your posts here in the Community. We're happy to help.

First we'd like you to perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

The Friend Activity can sometimes experience minor delays, but if it’s not updated in over a week the following can help fix it:

• Check the app is up-to-date.
  • Check your device’s operating system is up-to-date.
  • Restart the app. 
  • Log out of Spotify, then back in. 

Note: You'll need to redownload any offline music after reinstalling.

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

i tried it unfortunately it didnt work

Hi @Muhammadrios38

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

We'd recommend heading over to Settings > Display > toggling the Show Friend Activity option off and then toggling it back on. After that try restarting the app. 

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind checking if using a different internet connection makes the difference?

Keep us posted. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts