Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • darkyoda1138
  • Regular
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Song not playable

- Premium- Windows desktop app I am playing the album "Friends of Mr Cairo" of "Jon and Vangelis". But it does not allow me to play the second track "State of Independence", it is not enabled. Is everybody seeing this or is it just me? And why would ...

• - Premium - Windows desktop app   I am playing the album "Friends of Mr Cairo" of "Jon and Vangelis". But it does not allow me to play the second track "State of Independence", it is not enab...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lyrics function

PlanPremium CountryArgentina DeviceComputer Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIt's amazing the lyrics function you've added for the computer version. However, I'd like to make a suggestion:When we are watching the lyrics, while we are si...

• Plan Premium   Country Argentina   Device Computer   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue It's amazing the lyrics function you've added for the computer...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • lyrics
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop][Other] Spotify app problem

When I try to install spotify app it's changing to windows 10 store version without my permission or anything. I tried delete and install again but every time it happened again. Is there a way to change this?

• Visitor
  • When I try to install spotify app it's changing to windows 10 store version without my permission or anything. I tried delete and install again but every time it happened again. Is there a way to cha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Song stuck in queue

PlanPremiumCountry USA DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Hello! I have recently had an issue where whenever I launch Spotify, it automatically adds a song into my queue. Every single time I launch Spotify. It's a completely rand...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  USA   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Hello! I have recently had an issue where whenever I launch Spotify, it automa...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Local data 10GB

HiI change in the option offline storage destination and denied acces to the default folder data in Appdata/Local/Spotify But if i do that, i can't download and store my music offlineIt says to me "Failure to synchronise offline music"

• Visitor
  • Hi I change in the option offline storage destination and denied acces to the default folder data in Appdata/Local/Spotify   But if i do that, i can't download and store my music offline It ...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Discord problem

PlanPremiumCountryPLDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issuei conected my account do discord if my friend join to me and music is end he have next song but always its pausedwhat can i do?

• Plan Premium Country PL Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue i conected my account do discord  if my friend join to me and music is end he have next song ...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify app crashes when playing in the background regardless if its locked or not locked.

PlanPremiumCountrySingaporeDeviceVivo v17 proOperating SystemAndroid v9.0 My Question or IssueRecently, spotify has been crashing whenever I play music on it. I cant finish playing a song without it crashing. I have tried clean installing it, trying ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Singapore Device Vivo v17 pro Operating System Android v9.0   My Question or Issue Recently, spotify has been crashing whenever I play music on it. I cant finish p...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Is there a playlist library?

Hi There!I've been using Spotify for Windows for years, but I'm started to get really confused every time I want to see my saved playlists. I've already organized them into folders, but squeezing my eyes on the left panel while reading all of them in...

• ...laces but couldn't find a section where all my playlists were shown by their artcover, the same way my public playlists are shown whenever I get into my profile. This seem a very simple feature and d...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Issue Restarted

PlanFreeCountryEgyptDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issueso I made a post before to the community, u can find it here, Edit: it was about the liked songs or any song in a playlist in general which is invisible, after that I found a ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Egypt Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue so I made a post before to the community, u can find it here,  Edit: it was about the lik...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Crackling When I Type

I like to use Spotify while I write, but I've noticed for the past couple months that, whenever I type, the frequency of crackling, buzzing, and popping during songs increases significantly. I don't think it's because I'm hitting keyboard commands wh...

• Casual Listener
  • I like to use Spotify while I write, but I've noticed for the past couple months that, whenever I type, the frequency of crackling, buzzing, and popping during songs increases significantly. I don't ...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • crackling
    glitching
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I see the amount of songs in my liked songs playlist?

PlanFamily PremiumCountryChileDeviceHP Laptop Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI can see how many songs I have in other playlists but not in this one

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Family Premium Country Chile Device HP Laptop  Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I can see how many songs I have in other playlists but not in this o...
  • degg233
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Escritorio y android app no sincronizan

PlanPremiumCountryChile DeviceSamsung Galaxy S7 EdgeOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro My Question or IssueSpotify instalado en el escritorio de mi computador no "sincroniza" con Spotify en mi app y no puedo conectarlo a ningún otro dispositivo en mi hog...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Chile   Device Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Operating System Windows 10 Pro   My Question or Issue Spotify instalado en el escritorio de mi computador no "sincroni...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Select all music

Does anyone know a way I can select all the music in my library and add it to a playlist? Is this even possible?

• Does anyone know a way I can select all the music in my library and add it to a playlist? Is this even possible?
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution "Hide this song" not working at all

I'm on the Premium plan. I live in the US. I am on a Windows 10 desktop. This issue is on one of my playlist's radios. After looking this up, other people are saying they are getting an error when they click the button. Mine does absolutely nothing. ...

• Regular
  • I'm on the Premium plan. I live in the US. I am on a Windows 10 desktop.   This issue is on one of my playlist's radios. After looking this up, other people are saying they are getting an erro...
  • Elena
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify skips every song

PlanFree/PremiumCountryOperating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueHello my spotify has been skipping all my songs for less than 24 hours. I've tried to uninstall it reinstall it, When usually that does not work I Complete wipe my computer and t...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue Hello my spotify has been skipping all my songs for less than 24 hours. I've tried to uninstall it...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist synchronisiert nicht

PlanFreeCountryGermanyDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueImmer, wenn ich meinen Playlisten neue Songs hinzufüge, werden die in der Spotify App am PC nicht angezeigt. Im Spotify Web Player sind diese dann allerdings hinzugefügt. (B...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Germany Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Immer, wenn ich meinen Playlisten neue Songs hinzufüge, werden die in der Spotify App am PC nicht...
  • mela1202
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Can not change data folder - only the storage folder will be moved (big folders on C:)

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevicePCOperating SystemWIN10 (no stupid admin user in general work/use), all updates, lastest spotify-version My Question or IssueThe background is, that my C: is permanently going to be crowded with data fromC:\Users\userna...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device PC Operating System WIN10 (no stupid admin user in general work/use), all updates, lastest spotify-version   My Question or Issue The background is,...
  • Gregor83
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Canciones agregadas a playlists no aparecen

Hola! Soy de Colombia. Tengo un PC con Windows 7. Tengo una cuenta gratis y utilizo la versión 1.1.1.348.g9064793a (según la información de Acerca de Spotify). Mi problema es que tengo algunas playlists con ciertas canciones en ellas. Últimamente agr...

• Casual Listener
  • Hola!   Soy de Colombia. Tengo un PC con Windows 7. Tengo una cuenta gratis y utilizo la versión 1.1.1.348.g9064793a (según la información de Acerca de Spotify).   Mi problema es q...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • canciones
    Playlists
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Selecting multiple song at once

I just got the new update on desktop and I was wondering: how do you select multiple songs in a playlist at once? I know that you could do it before by holding shift but it doesn't work in the new update.

• Casual Listener
  • I just got the new update on desktop and I was wondering: how do you select multiple songs in a playlist at once? I know that you could do it before by holding shift but it doesn't work in the new up...
  • spetzw
  • Visitor
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Possible to change country, to get different ads?

Hey, I'm getting really sick of these Norwegian ads on spotify, playing horrible music that I have to listen to every time there's an ad (there's only like 3 different ads in Norwegian, and it's usually the one ad that keeps playing every time), but ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, I'm getting really sick of these Norwegian ads on spotify, playing horrible music that I have to listen to every time there's an ad (there's only like 3 different ads in Norwegian, and it's usua...
  • Splo
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes