Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Friend Feed is not showing and there is no option to add it on my Spotify desktop app.

Friend Feed is not showing and there is no option to add it on my Spotify desktop app.

My Spotify desktop app looks like the web app and the Friend Feed does not show. There are also no options to add or edit the Friend Feed. On top of this the app crashes at least 20 times a day. The music just stops playing and it takes about 5 minutes before a "close app" option comes up, then I have to re-open it and find the playlist I was listening to again. Very frustrating.

1 Reply

Hey there @GraemeMiller

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

In case your desktop app looks the same as the web player your account might be taking part in the testing of app improvements and new features we regularly perform. Check out this help article for more info about test features.

We’d also suggest you go to this Live Idea for creating a switch between the new and old design of the desktop app and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE button. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented. 

If the desktop app keeps on crashing often we'd suggest you perform a clean reinstall of Spotify on your device. This step will let you start afresh with the app and make sure you avoid the crashes in the future. Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall depending on the device in use. Once you’ve performed the clean reinstall you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts.  

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.   

Suggested posts