Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Full Screen Issue When Controlling Remotely

Solved!

Full Screen Issue When Controlling Remotely

When Spotify windows client is in full screen mode playing music, if i play a new album or song from a different device via spotify connect, the full screen cover art does not update. It stays on the last songs cover art until spotify is closed and reopened on the windows pc. Even exiting full screen mode and re-entering it doesn't fix the issue, only fully closing spotify and relaunching will resolve this issue.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

With one of the recent updates, the full screen display on Windows 10 has been updated and now automatically tracks artist/song changes when its being remotely controlled via Spotify Connect. So this issue has been resolved, thanks Spotify!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi @alferz,

Thanks for posting this issue! I was quickly able to replicate this exactly as you described, and I also further noticed that this caused the playback controls to become unresponsive on the desktop app when I returned to it.

I would recommend submitting this as an issue to the Ongoing Issues section here, as issues submitted there make their way to the Spotify team to further investigate.

Please be sure to include the full details, such as your device, operating system, and Spotify version.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I tried to post in ongoing issues but I dont see a start new topic button there. Maybe I dont have enough board cred to do it?

Marked as solution

With one of the recent updates, the full screen display on Windows 10 has been updated and now automatically tracks artist/song changes when its being remotely controlled via Spotify Connect. So this issue has been resolved, thanks Spotify!

Hey @alferz,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

We're glad to know that this was sorted out!

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts