Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

G-sync for windowed create mouse lag

G-sync for windowed create mouse lag

Plan

Premium

Country

swe

Device

p

Operating System

Windows 10/7700k/2080/144hz G-sync display

My Question or Issue

Enable "G-sync for windowed and full screen mode" create mouse lag (This is reproducible on two different computers, both Nvidia GTX 1080 and RTX 2080)

Enable "G-sync for full screen mode" solves the issue.

Disable hardware acceleration in Spotify solves the issue.

16 Replies

Happening for me too, when the Spotify window is in focus.

Spotify build 1.0.94.262.g3d5c231c

Windows 10, i9-9900k, 1080ti, 100hz display

I have exactly the same problem. Setting G-Sync to Fullscreen only or disabling hardware acceleration fixed it.

Spotify Windows 1.0.96

Disabling hardware acceleration worked for me as well. Thank you. 

I can confirm disabling hardware acceleration fixes the problem, thanks!

The same, i7-8700k and rtx 2060.

I have to say, im really happy that I am not the only one experiencing this.  Took me a few minutes to figure out what was causing my issues.  While disabling HWA fixes the stuttering, is there a downside to quality and performance when doing so?  

I in no way intend on turning off the windowed mode for G-Sync as some games simply only use windows mode, and fullscreen isnt an option.

Thoughts?

RTX 2070 and Dell S2417DG (G-Sync running for both fullscreen/windowed). Disabling hardware acceleration also fixed this for me.

Hey there,

Thanks for letting us know. We're looking into this and will get back to you as soon as we have any updates. In the meantime, if you're experiencing this, make sure to reinstall the app, and if that doesn't work let us know the following:

• Device and OS
  • Spotify version
  • Graphic card
  • A screen recording if possible
  • Info about what's happening

Make sure to hit the +Vote button as well. 

Thanks!

Hey there everyone!

Thanks for all of the info you've provided so far.

We've let our tech team know, and they're investigating this.

We don't have an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend keeping an eye out for updates to the app.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to give us a shout. Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Just encountered this problem myself, it was driving me crazy, until I disabled HW acceleration, which made it go away. I have never noticed this before (though I've been mostly using the mobile version recently.) Been a Spotify user since the invitation-days.

Spotify version 1.1.12.451.gdb77255f

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K

RAM: 32 GB 3200MHz DDR4

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070

Windows and Spotify are installed on a Samsung EVO 960 m.2 SSD

G-Sync enabled in both full screen and windowed

I have the same issue on my laptop. My spotify is lagging really much on full screen. Turning off hardware acceleration helped but it still didn't fix the problem. It still keeps lagging. I tried reinstalling it but that didn't help. At the moment I prefer the spotify web player because it bothers me so much. 

Im on version: 1.1.14.475.g566c8beb (Microsoft Store-version)

Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 1050 Max-Q

Same here. Just got a G-Sync display and Spotify started lagging.
Disabling HWA fixed it.
Win 10 / RTX 2080 ti

Sorry, but this will never get fixed. Spotify just don't care. 

We will see posts in this thread until g-sync gets obsolete.....

still not fixed.
Moved:

This post was removed for violating the Community Terms and Conditions, specifically "Avoid double posting". Any users posting the same content multiple times will have their posts removed. For more information please read here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Music-Chat/Reminder-Spotify-Community-Guidelines/td-p/4786834

Moved:

This post was removed for violating the Community Terms and Conditions, specifically "Avoid double posting". Any users posting the same content multiple times will have their posts removed. For more information please read here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Music-Chat/Reminder-Spotify-Community-Guidelines/td-p/4786834

Suggested posts